Urshilaku camp - and that damn bow!

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Hi all,

Playing the Xbox version, I've reached Urshilaku camp, and have been
sent to the Urshilaku burial ground to get the bonebiter bow - my
problem is, I think I've killed the ghost that is supposed to have it
(from what I've read on the net), and I didn't pick it up, having
assumed it was just an ordinary ghost. Have I ruined the game? I don't
have a save from before this point, and going out and in the cave
desn't bring the ghost back. Can I do somethin else (a different
route) to continue with the game, or have I just flushed 20+ hours
play and a level 15 character out the window? Or, is the bow somewhere
else entirely?

PS - it's the Xbox version, so I can't console-command it into my
inventory...
9 answers Last reply
More about urshilaku camp damn
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    Here are two possibilities which should be considered in addition to
    Wong's suggestion that you start over and remember to save more often
    (spoilers ahead, obviously):

    1) You could complete the main quest through the backpath, which
    involves killing Vivec, reading his plans for you, and then
    executing those plans with the help of Yagrum Bagarn.

    2) If your console is modded and you are using a non-GotY version
    of the game, there is a procedure for installing plugins on the
    X-Box that can be used to load a mod that will add the weapon
    to an arbitrary location or NPC.

    --

    --

    Mail: marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid
    MSN Messenger: marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid

    Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    user0 wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Playing the Xbox version, I've reached Urshilaku camp, and have been
    > sent to the Urshilaku burial ground to get the bonebiter bow - my
    > problem is, I think I've killed the ghost that is supposed to have it
    > (from what I've read on the net), and I didn't pick it up, having
    > assumed it was just an ordinary ghost. Have I ruined the game? I don't
    > have a save from before this point, and going out and in the cave
    > desn't bring the ghost back. Can I do somethin else (a different
    > route) to continue with the game, or have I just flushed 20+ hours
    > play and a level 15 character out the window? Or, is the bow somewhere
    > else entirely?
    >
    > PS - it's the Xbox version, so I can't console-command it into my
    > inventory...

    How long has it been since you killed the ghost? Corpses with
    quest items remain quite a while before disappearing, at least
    this is true in the PC version. If I were you, I would carefully
    search the floor in that area. The corpse may be hard to see,
    (it's a small pile of dust) but it should still be there.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:34:45 -0400, Briarroot
    <woodsyl@iwonantispam.com> wrote:

    Thanks for the suggestions - I've searched the room - the corpse is
    gone. I don't have a modded Xbox - and I save regularly, *and* make
    backups - I don't have one for around the last 6 hours of game though.
    *sigh*.
    Marxist, do ou have more details on the "backroad" completion? What
    will I miss, what are the disadvantages? Is this a *proper* way of
    completing the main quest?

    Thanks again,
    user0.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:56:55 +0100, user0 <unknown> wrote:

    > [...] do ou have more details on the "backroad" completion? What
    > will I miss, what are the disadvantages? Is this a *proper* way of
    > completing the main quest?

    Note to the oblivious: spoiler alert level teal. Break out the duct tape
    and plastic wrap.

    To complete the backpath, you must kill Vivec, get the Unique Dwemer
    Artifact from his corpse, and then look over the documents he has prepared
    for your "proper" arrival. If you do not have a reputation of 10 or
    greater, a high personality, and good speechcraft skills, it would also be
    a good idea to take the document named "Dagoth Ur's Plans" with you. With
    the knowledge of your fate, the non-functioning Wraithguard from Vivec's
    corpse, and, optionally, the document mentioned earlier, head to Tel Fyr.
    Yagrum Bagarn will be in the Corprusarium Bowels, a dungeon below the
    tower. He will tell you what to do next.

    The backpack will result in you missing everything up to the confrontation
    at Dagoth Ur. If you haven't been rendered immune to disease yet, you
    never will; if you haven't completed the trials, you cannot do that either
    (except possibly by going about the main quest up until the meeting with
    Vivec even though the skies over Red Mountain are already clear, but
    that's irrelevant in this case). Besides the things you will miss, there
    is also one more disadvantage to this method: your maximum health will be
    decreased by 200 permanently upon equipping the jury-rigged Wraithguard
    (there is a way around this, though -- namely, having 200 points of
    Fortify Health on your charachter when you first equip the gauntlet).

    Whether this is proper or not is a matter of opinion. You defeat Dagoth
    Ur, all of the common folk refer to you as Nerevarine, you'll be able to
    access the Morag Tong's Grandmaster writs, the ending cinematic plays, and
    the blight will be gone. On the other hand, however, you miss out on a
    huge section of the main quest and never complete the trials of the
    Nerevarine because of it. If you don't want to lose the charachter, I say
    go ahead. You can always complete the main quest by normal means with
    your next charachter.

    --

    Replace ".invalid" TLD in the mangled "From:" header with ".com" for a
    working mailing address.

    Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    You're correct - the bow is with that ghost - the one inside the dungeon at
    the top of the spire.
    If you don't have a save game to go back to, consider changing your habbits
    now....
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    >Whether this is proper or not is a matter of opinion. You defeat Dagoth
    >Ur, all of the common folk refer to you as Nerevarine, you'll be able to
    >access the Morag Tong's Grandmaster writs, the ending cinematic plays, and
    >the blight will be gone. On the other hand, however, you miss out on a
    >huge section of the main quest and never complete the trials of the
    >Nerevarine because of it. If you don't want to lose the charachter, I say
    >go ahead. You can always complete the main quest by normal means with
    >your next charachter.

    Well, thanks for the advice - very handy. I'll need to think about
    this for a bit - I may just start over...

    Thanks again,
    user0
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    <user0> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Playing the Xbox version, I've reached Urshilaku camp, and have been
    > sent to the Urshilaku burial ground to get the bonebiter bow - my
    > problem is, I think I've killed the ghost that is supposed to have it
    > (from what I've read on the net), and I didn't pick it up, having
    > assumed it was just an ordinary ghost. Have I ruined the game? I don't
    > have a save from before this point, and going out and in the cave
    > desn't bring the ghost back. Can I do somethin else (a different
    > route) to continue with the game, or have I just flushed 20+ hours
    > play and a level 15 character out the window? Or, is the bow somewhere
    > else entirely?
    >
    > PS - it's the Xbox version, so I can't console-command it into my
    > inventory...

    even if is some time since you killed him his 'remains' should
    still be there

    merlin
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    "Marxist ßastard" <marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid> skrev i en meddelelse
    > On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:56:55 +0100, user0 <unknown> wrote:
    >
    > > [...] do ou have more details on the "backroad" completion? What
    > > will I miss, what are the disadvantages? Is this a *proper* way of
    > > completing the main quest?
    >
    > Note to the oblivious: spoiler alert level teal. Break out the duct
    tape
    > and plastic wrap.
    >
    > To complete the backpath, you must kill Vivec, get the Unique Dwemer
    > Artifact from his corpse, and then look over the documents he has
    prepared
    > for your "proper" arrival. If you do not have a reputation of 10 or
    > greater, a high personality, and good speechcraft skills, it would also
    be
    > a good idea to take the document named "Dagoth Ur's Plans" with you.
    With
    > the knowledge of your fate, the non-functioning Wraithguard from Vivec's
    > corpse, and, optionally, the document mentioned earlier, head to Tel
    Fyr.
    > Yagrum Bagarn will be in the Corprusarium Bowels, a dungeon below the
    > tower. He will tell you what to do next.
    >
    > The backpack will result in you missing everything up to the
    confrontation
    > at Dagoth Ur. If you haven't been rendered immune to disease yet, you
    > never will; if you haven't completed the trials, you cannot do that
    either
    > (except possibly by going about the main quest up until the meeting with
    > Vivec even though the skies over Red Mountain are already clear, but
    > that's irrelevant in this case). Besides the things you will miss,
    there
    > is also one more disadvantage to this method: your maximum health will
    be
    > decreased by 200 permanently upon equipping the jury-rigged Wraithguard
    > (there is a way around this, though -- namely, having 200 points of
    > Fortify Health on your charachter when you first equip the gauntlet).
    >
    > Whether this is proper or not is a matter of opinion. You defeat Dagoth
    > Ur, all of the common folk refer to you as Nerevarine, you'll be able to
    > access the Morag Tong's Grandmaster writs, the ending cinematic plays,
    and
    > the blight will be gone. On the other hand, however, you miss out on a
    > huge section of the main quest and never complete the trials of the
    > Nerevarine because of it. If you don't want to lose the charachter, I
    say
    > go ahead. You can always complete the main quest by normal means with
    > your next charachter.

    This 'missing bow' business puts a heavy line under the advice in
    the manual - 'to check everything, no matter how seemingly
    mundane and unimportant it is. Never to pass something over,
    because it doesn't seems important. This often the best place
    to 'hide' something - to place it in plain view, surrounded by
    similar objects. 'hiding a letter, by simply placing it on top of
    a pile of other letters'. It is often the last place you would look
    for it

    merlin

    > --
    >
    > Replace ".invalid" TLD in the mangled "From:" header with ".com" for a
    > working mailing address.
    >
    > Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:22:30 +0200, "Merlin"
    <bech_dokNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > <user0> skrev i en meddelelse
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Playing the Xbox version, I've reached Urshilaku camp, and have been
    > > sent to the Urshilaku burial ground to get the bonebiter bow - my
    > > problem is, I think I've killed the ghost that is supposed to have it
    > > (from what I've read on the net), and I didn't pick it up, having
    > > assumed it was just an ordinary ghost. Have I ruined the game? I don't
    > > have a save from before this point, and going out and in the cave
    > > desn't bring the ghost back. Can I do somethin else (a different
    > > route) to continue with the game, or have I just flushed 20+ hours
    > > play and a level 15 character out the window? Or, is the bow somewhere
    > > else entirely?
    > >
    > > PS - it's the Xbox version, so I can't console-command it into my
    > > inventory...
    >
    > even if is some time since you killed him his 'remains' should
    > still be there
    >
    > merlin

    Remains are gone, I've searched and searched - I do recall exactly
    where I killed it too - this seems to be a porblem a lot of people
    have had, if you google it.

    I started with a new character at the weekend anyway, and I'm already
    on level 7, so not too far to go - it's a little easier when you know
    what you're doing, and you don't waste slots on useless skills and
    such.

    Thanks for the help, chaps.
    Ta ta.

Xbox Video Games