Looking for raid DDR motherboards

G

Can anyone give me a list of motherboards that supports DDR raid?

Thanks.

G

all raid motherboards can support up to 8 IDE devices, right?

G

I thought this only depends on the number of IDE connectors you have on your motherboard. Most motherboards only come with two IDE connectors which supports only 4 devices. In this case, how can you connect 8 devices?

G

jmycal,
where did you get the ga-7dxr? The cheapest price I found is $187.00 at axion technologies.

mpjesse

Splendid
Dasiy chain. There are cables that allow you to hook up to 12 devices to one cable per channel. IDE and RAID controllers are different. IDE only allows 2 devices per channel while some RAID controllers allow 12 per channel.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

tartarhus

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Axiontech is a pretty good site, i've bought quite a few things from them. newegg.com used to sell ga-7dxr but they went quickly.

-- Chaos is the better order.

jmycal

Distinguished
May 20, 2001
the 7dxrs are not the cheapest, i got mine at computerhq.com for 180 when they first posted on pricewatch.com. 187 might be the lowest, although googlegear had originally posted on pricewatch that they had it for 184, so pos check with them as well

life is what happens while you are making other plans

G

The MSI k7266 Pro-R is a DDR Raid mobo. It also has on-board sound. This is what I'm getting to build my new machine.

<Common Sense is a gift that some of us have returned.>