Fraps Issues

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Hello There Tom's Hardware Hopefully someone can help me.

First: When Recording with fraps I record ingame audio and video aswell as my voice, For "Let's Plays" when I went to playback my video from before my audio and video were not synced up. Also the audio I believe is playing after what is happening on screen. Also it's both my voice and the ingame audio thats out of sync

Second: When I record after about 5-10 Minutes my fps goes from 30 down to about 10 and below, and when I stop and restart recording my fps goes back up to 30 and after about another 10 minutes it happens again.

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ OC'd 3.2Ghz
ATI Radeon HD 4350
1Gb 667Mhz DDR2 (I Believe that is the speed of it)
160Gb Harddrive
500Watt Thermaltake PSU
Windows Vista (I need Vista to record my voice aswell as ingame audio for my "Let's Plays")

I've read places that getting another Gb of ram will help me Second problem if so what about my first problem?

Thank you
Clay Ness

sounds like a throttling problem wind youe oc down to 3.0 and try again... + theres no reason to oc that cpu with that gfx card... i could understand it if you had an 88gt or better. but theres little or no benefit from it on that setup. as its less than a 5% oc it wont actually show any real world performance gains.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Okay, Will do and also i forgot to put in my main post the game i was recording which is The Elder Scrolls Morrowind A game that I Should have 0 Performance issue with this hardware because its a game from 2002.

as for the OC to 3.0Ghz, I did that and it didn't help. But thank you for the suggestion and also thank you for telling me that I don't need my OC that high.

Clay Ness