Sign in with
Your question

With a ATI Radeon HD 5670 run starcraft 2 on high?

Last response: in Video Games
July 5, 2011 4:31:52 AM

Hello,
I am looking into buying a iMac with an i5 quad-core, 4 gigs of ram(i plan on upgrading to 8 gigs once i buy it), with an ATI Radeon HD 5670. I am wondering, with all those specs, will it run Starcraft 2 on High settings?

More about : ati radeon 5670 run starcraft high

July 5, 2011 5:55:31 AM

moomoomeal said:
Hello,
I am looking into buying a iMac with an i5 quad-core, 4 gigs of ram(i plan on upgrading to 8 gigs once i buy it), with an ATI Radeon HD 5670. I am wondering, with all those specs, will it run Starcraft 2 on High settings?

Why do you not spend a little to get a starting range Gaming graphics card HD 5750 or even HD 5770?
m
l
Related resources
July 5, 2011 8:43:03 AM

Short awnser, yes on low resolution, no on high resolution.
But for the price of an iMac you can get a way better gameing rig....
m
l
July 5, 2011 12:58:31 PM

1680 x 1050 high settings:
m
l
July 5, 2011 3:01:46 PM

moomoomeal said:
Hello,

What will the primary purpose of the computer be? If you need the Mac for specific reasons, then sure. If gaming is your objective, then you can do better.
m
l
July 20, 2011 3:02:59 AM

Thank you all for your help. I have decided to buy a newer refurbished iMac. The reason i wanted that HD 5670 model was because it was on Ebay for $800. Instead i bought a new 27" Quad Core i5 3.1GHz processor with 16 gigs of ram with an AMD Radeon HD 6970M with the refurbished deal from apple. ordinarily this would be a $2000 machine but i saved $400 and got it for $1600. overall the reason i am buying a Macintosh computer is because i am starting college for a film degree. I wanted to use what the industry uses while still being able to play videogames. I am very happy with my purchase and while it was hard to get use to mac i think i got it all down now. Best of all i can play any game i want while running windows in Bootcamp. i would definitely recommend people to see if apple brand computers are in your price range because while you must pay a premium, it does a lot of things(like gaming) a lot better than people think.

Also on another note while iMacs are not really upgradable in anyway, with the new thunderbolt port and the possibly of a 3rd party external GPU unit i could upgrade the graphics card.
m
l
July 20, 2011 3:44:35 PM

If that's the case, then its not bad.
m
l
!