help with a new system

G

Alright i'm about to put together a new computer for college... I'm just buyin the components at different places to get a exceptional performing computer at a affordable cost... I'm just gonna list the hardware i'm thinkin about buying and if anyone could give some feedback or different options i should look into that would be great.. thanks in advance

Mobo - EPoX 8k7A
Proc - AMD Tbird 266 bus - 1.33 ghz
Mem - 256 mb ddr
Vid - Geforce 2 pro 64 mb w/ tv out

If anyone has any suggestions for other mobo's that would be great... Another thing, i was thinking about gettin a mobo with RAID (epox 8k7a+)... Anyone with a RAID set-up, is it much faster? Thanks for the help

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Couple of things:

I just built a Duron box using the Epox 8KTA2L and I found it to be a decent board for the price. I know its not your model, but it IS the vendor.

I buy my RAM from <A HREF="http://www.crucial.com" target="_new">Crucial</A> (as do a lot of other folks on this board). You can't go wrong using their stuff.

I'm also running an ABIT KT7-RAID with RAID 0. My overall perception of the box is that it's a lot faster than equivelant setups with just a single non-RAID system disk. IMHO I think it was the right move.

Good luck.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

TRENDING THREADS