Closed

Will this play Battlefield Bad Company 2 on HIGH?!

I have a set up with a:
EVGA GTX 460 EE SC
AMD Phenom II 3.0GHz Deneb 945
4gigs ram from a single RAM card
windows XP 32bit (will upgrade to windows 7 64 bit soon)
23" LED monitor

Will it run on all high res? (ill probably turn HBOA off or something like that)
9 answers Last reply
More about will play battlefield company high
  1. Quote:
    ..... are you dicking around with us?

I was thinking the CPU was a bit short of running the game on high settings.. lol......... its my first build.... D:!!
  2. i will propablt run at the highest settings, but some framerate drops may occure
  3. thanks everyone.... I got the system- it works great! The game plays on high res perfectly with the exception of a 0.2 second lag at the beginning of some games most likely due to my connection. definitely suggest this game. :3
  4. Best answer selected by bnynn.
  5. How are you running this game on high with those specs?

The only thing of yours that's better than mine is your CPU, and that's only by like 100mhz.

I get low frams on a mixture of low/medium settings.
  6. wow then you have a problem. a quad core and a 460 should max out BC2 and stay above 30fps no problem. after all the 460 is no slouch.
    maybe you need to oc the cpu to get a little more out of the gpu but it does sound like you have an issue sumwhere, probably your hdd or mem.
  7. HEXiT said:
    wow then you have a problem. a quad core and a 460 should max out BC2 and stay above 30fps no problem. after all the 460 is no slouch.
    maybe you need to oc the cpu to get a little more out of the gpu but it does sound like you have an issue sumwhere, probably your hdd or mem.

I'm replying to you, but I do not mean to hijack this thread either. It was my RAM. My older RAM went back last week, and I put in new, and better RAM today and the game runs like a champ. 50-80 FPS on high settings.
  8. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield RAM Video Games