key to warehouse seyda neen

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

can anyone tell me where this infamous key to warehouse is when you enter
morrowind? just for the heck of it i've started new games to find it,
however, there is no shelf behind the guy who you register with, and the
bookshelf to his left has no key on it. i've searched all over the room and
can't seem to find it. where else is there to look?

marissa

"maw" <tam.lin@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> can anyone tell me where this infamous key to warehouse is when you enter
> morrowind? just for the heck of it i've started new games to find it,
> however, there is no shelf behind the guy who you register with, and the
> bookshelf to his left has no key on it. i've searched all over the room
and
> can't seem to find it. where else is there to look?

Aren't you talking about the guard that gives you your orders, who says,
"Your papers, please?" The last person you see before entering the city for
the first time?

If so, the key is supposed to be in the same room as that particular guard,
about on the middle shelf, toward the right.

Mark

> marissa

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

"maw" <tam.lin@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>can anyone tell me where this infamous key to warehouse is when you enter
>morrowind? just for the heck of it i've started new games to find it,
>however, there is no shelf behind the guy who you register with, and the
>bookshelf to his left has no key on it. i've searched all over the room and
>can't seem to find it. where else is there to look?

It's not in that room. It's in on a shelf in the next office, where the
guy gives you the package for cacious.

btw, the second story balcony door to that warehouse isn't locked.
(It's situated above the door to the first office you enter coming
to morrowind.)

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:06:43 -0400, "maw" <tam.lin@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>can anyone tell me where this infamous key to warehouse is when you enter
>morrowind? just for the heck of it i've started new games to find it,
>however, there is no shelf behind the guy who you register with, and the
>bookshelf to his left has no key on it. i've searched all over the room and
>can't seem to find it. where else is there to look?
>
>marissa

Unless you have a high starting sneak skill, or chameleon, you're not
going to get it - you're probably better trying a levitate spell, 'cos
there's a balcony round the back of the warehouse that you can get to.
It's infamous because it's a lot of loot for a starting character, but
really, there ain't *that* much there - I went back with a levitate
potion at level 5 or 6, and the only thing I got worth using were
alchemy ingredients.

user0 <> wrote in message news:<qhhtj0drio9oe448i22aqug88iu2rfif7c@4ax.com>...
> On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:06:43 -0400, "maw" <tam.lin@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>>
> Unless you have a high starting sneak skill, or chameleon, you're not
> going to get it - you're probably better trying a levitate spell, 'cos
> there's a balcony round the back of the warehouse that you can get to.
> It's infamous because it's a lot of loot for a starting character, but
> really, there ain't *that* much there - I went back with a levitate
> potion at level 5 or 6, and the only thing I got worth using were
> alchemy ingredients.

Or, you can work the game mechanics. Go into inventory mode where you
can see the key. Use the cursor to pick up the key and place it on
the floor. Close the inventory menu. Listen to the guard lecture
you. Pick up the key and walk away. Note, however, that the guard
will confiscate all stolen items. Most (but not all) of the stuff in
the exise office is labeled as belonging to "a shady smuggler" and
will get confiscated. So if you are going to use this to pick up the
key, do the key first, then steal other stuff.

If you are playing a thiefy character, you can probably pick the lock
to the warehouse, anyway. The lockpick is one of the few unlabeled
items in the excise office, so it will not be confiscated if you are
caught by the guards. however, you will be fined for each attempt
where you are caught. Once you unlock the door, it will stay
unlocked, whether you are caught or not.

user0 wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:06:43 -0400, "maw" <tam.lin@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> >can anyone tell me where this infamous key to warehouse is when you enter
> >morrowind? just for the heck of it i've started new games to find it,
> >however, there is no shelf behind the guy who you register with, and the
> >bookshelf to his left has no key on it. i've searched all over the room and
> >can't seem to find it. where else is there to look?
> >
> >marissa
> >

> Unless you have a high starting sneak skill, or chameleon, you're not
> going to get it - you're probably better trying a levitate spell, 'cos
> there's a balcony round the back of the warehouse that you can get to.
> It's infamous because it's a lot of loot for a starting character, but
> really, there ain't *that* much there - I went back with a levitate
> potion at level 5 or 6, and the only thing I got worth using were
> alchemy ingredients.

The real loot is the moon sugar and the refined moon sugar potion whose
name escapes me at this time. That stuff is worth lots and lots to the
right merchants, even at 4th-5th level.

--
Elizabeth D. Brooks | kali.magdalene@comcast.net | US2002021724
Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG

MERLIN

":phant" <phant@usagi.comix> skrev i en meddelelse
> "maw" <tam.lin@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> >can anyone tell me where this infamous key to warehouse is when you
enter
> >morrowind? just for the heck of it i've started new games to find it,
> >however, there is no shelf behind the guy who you register with, and
the
> >bookshelf to his left has no key on it. i've searched all over the
room and
> >can't seem to find it. where else is there to look?
> >

> It's not in that room. It's in on a shelf in the next office, where the
> guy gives you the package for cacious.
>

> btw, the second story balcony door to that warehouse isn't locked.
> (It's situated above the door to the first office you enter coming
> to morrowind.)

And as a comment to that, an acrobatic skill of 20 allowed me to
jump unto the balcony.

merlin

MERLIN

<user0> skrev i en meddelelse
> On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:06:43 -0400, "maw" <tam.lin@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> >can anyone tell me where this infamous key to warehouse is when you
enter
> >morrowind? just for the heck of it i've started new games to find it,
> >however, there is no shelf behind the guy who you register with, and
the
> >bookshelf to his left has no key on it. i've searched all over the
room and
> >can't seem to find it. where else is there to look?
> >
> >marissa
> >

> Unless you have a high starting sneak skill, or chameleon, you're not
> going to get it - you're probably better trying a levitate spell, 'cos
> there's a balcony round the back of the warehouse that you can get to.
> It's infamous because it's a lot of loot for a starting character, but
> really, there ain't *that* much there - I went back with a levitate
> potion at level 5 or 6, and the only thing I got worth using were
> alchemy ingredients.

There is an agent there, who will train you. She is the only useful
reason for going there, imo

merlin