DVD writer

I have HP Pavilion a1020n with a Lightscribe DVD+_Writer/CD Writer.
Sometimes a DVD+R will work and sometimes they wont. The brand is
Verbatim. Is brand or type of media important?

On the seventh day, Jim Marlin wrote...

> I have HP Pavilion a1020n with a Lightscribe DVD+_Writer/CD Writer.
> Sometimes a DVD+R will work and sometimes they wont. The brand is
> Verbatim. Is brand or type of media important?

in a nutshell: yes, it matters. However, most of the time, you won't be
able to tell the true brand, even with the same producer label (changing
OEM). That's why DVD is hardly useful for backups.

If those DVDs come from the same package I'd either suspect a defective
burner or software installation.

I've had best results with TDK DVD+R. No coaster until now...

My cuts, short or long, don't go wrong - Aragorn