No IP assigned from Linksys BEFW11S4

Running XP Pro SP2, Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router.

Other laptops run wireless/cable, but my own laptop can only connect through
cable

When I try to go wireless, then in order to get an IP from DHCP on the
router, I first have to establish a "bridge" between the lan-connection and
the wireless-connection in WinXP, then delete the bridge - then I get an IP
from the router - and I can access the internet. When restarting the laptop
I get the same problem again; no assigned IP.

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite A60 with Atheros AR5004G wireless adapter

On cable - no problems
Other laptops no problems with wireless
WEP og MAC-filtering is checked 100% - and they have to be correct because I
can get access doing the "bridge-trick"
Tried to let WinXP control the network connections - and afterwards let the
adapter utility control the network connections - no success in either case

So - my own conclusion is something is wrong i WinXP - but what???

Thanks

Morten

"Morten Jørgensen" <mortendenmark2002@yahoo.dk> wrote in message
> Running XP Pro SP2, Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router.
>
> Other laptops run wireless/cable, but my own laptop can only connect
through
> cable
>
> When I try to go wireless, then in order to get an IP from DHCP on the
> router, I first have to establish a "bridge" between the lan-connection
and
> the wireless-connection in WinXP, then delete the bridge - then I get an
IP
> from the router - and I can access the internet. When restarting the
laptop
> I get the same problem again; no assigned IP.
>
> Laptop: Toshiba Satellite A60 with Atheros AR5004G wireless adapter
>
> On cable - no problems
> Other laptops no problems with wireless
> WEP og MAC-filtering is checked 100% - and they have to be correct because
> can get access doing the "bridge-trick"
> Tried to let WinXP control the network connections - and afterwards let
the
> adapter utility control the network connections - no success in either
case

> So - my own conclusion is something is wrong i WinXP - but what???
>
> Thanks
>
> Morten
The fact that you can bridge and get an IP says that the IP for the wireless
adapter is indeed not working correctly.
I would suggest that you check for a driver update for the atheros and for
firmware updates for the linksys. Might even de-install tcp/IP for the
adapter and re-install it and while you are at it double check the tcp/ip
config. You could alos assign a static address and see if it will work

> I would suggest that you check for a driver update for the atheros and for
> firmware updates for the linksys. Might even de-install tcp/IP for the
> adapter and re-install it and while you are at it double check the tcp/ip
> config. You could alos assign a static address and see if it will work

Does anyone know where to find the Atheros drivers?? - As far as I can se
they are not on atheros.com - ?