Elder scrolls will be a games for windows live game

nocturnal7x

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
Screenshot2011-07-06at65931PM.png

http://www.elderscrolls.com/

If this is not a sign of the apocalypse I don't know what is. I have been so excited for this game, I moded oblivion into oblivion.

This is sad news for me. I made the mistake of buying a game GFW game and it was one I regret every time I play it. I like logging in to GFW to play a single player game, its great.

To sum the last 2 sentences up, GFW should not exist, it has no place and its just plain ***. It saddens me bethesda would package their software with this virus.

Have a good one, just thought you should know if you already didn't.

4ktv

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011

I am unsure about GFW thing, becuase I only had one game that used it. It was years ago and I will have to fire it up to see why it's bad. I just don't get why steam is so liked, becuase it's just DRM and a store that if not working then you can't play your game and offline mode just quits on me and trys to make me go online with log in.

nocturnal7x

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
Well, one thing when I buy the game on steam I have steam and GFW running. God forbid GFW does not log itself in and im stuck waiting for an email before I can play the damn game because I don't know my username or my password. I don't need more stuff running, and I don't need more passwords to keep track of.

There is no point to it, it does nothing. Why is it there? its doing nothing... oh yeah! achievements...I don't give a ***.

So probably the reason I may hate it more than others is I ignorantly bought a game from the GFW client, took 8 hours to download (steam takes 2) and I had to set up the damn account, and that particular game does NOT log in automatically...

nocturnal7x

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008

You will still have to create a live account and log in.

4ktv

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011

I just saw that it says GFW and not GFWL. GFW is not a bad thing at all, it's the live part that is, but becuase it just says games for windows it's not a bad thing at all.( no log in)

not really bothered what its packaged on. as long as its a decent length has a fully fledged story thats as engrossing as oblivion... and its a reasonable price for the whole game... im not a fan of this pay and keep paying for crap dlc or dlc that should have been in the game to start with...