Sign in with
Your question

Elder scrolls will be a games for windows live game

Last response: in Video Games
July 6, 2011 11:18:11 PM

http://www.elderscrolls.com/

If this is not a sign of the apocalypse I don't know what is. I have been so excited for this game, I moded oblivion into oblivion.

This is sad news for me. I made the mistake of buying a game GFW game and it was one I regret every time I play it. I like logging in to GFW to play a single player game, its great.

To sum the last 2 sentences up, GFW should not exist, it has no place and its just plain ***. It saddens me bethesda would package their software with this virus.

Have a good one, just thought you should know if you already didn't.
July 7, 2011 2:06:09 AM

Well at it's not the buggy thing called steam and it's joke of an offline mode. I was thinking about geting this game, but if this is true then I may not.
m
l
July 7, 2011 2:35:10 AM

? i dont have an issue with GFW........ can you tell me what you think is actually wrong with it? i mean its a slight annoyance, but not as bad as you make it out to be.
m
l
Related resources
July 7, 2011 3:42:06 AM

it has always been a bug ridden nightmare for me and many others, add to that it seemingly offers no benefits and only exists to make installing and playing your games a pain in the ass.
m
l
July 7, 2011 6:53:55 AM

for me, steam has been more of a P.I.T.A. than GFW.
m
l
July 7, 2011 4:06:23 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
for me, steam has been more of a P.I.T.A. than GFW.

I am unsure about GFW thing, becuase I only had one game that used it. It was years ago and I will have to fire it up to see why it's bad. I just don't get why steam is so liked, becuase it's just DRM and a store that if not working then you can't play your game and offline mode just quits on me and trys to make me go online with log in.
m
l
July 7, 2011 11:30:36 PM

^not to mention it forces you to update before you can even log or play your game...it makes me want to strangle my computer.
m
l
July 11, 2011 12:28:57 AM

Well, one thing when I buy the game on steam I have steam and GFW running. God forbid GFW does not log itself in and im stuck waiting for an email before I can play the damn game because I don't know my username or my password. I don't need more stuff running, and I don't need more passwords to keep track of.

There is no point to it, it does nothing. Why is it there? its doing nothing... oh yeah! achievements...I don't give a ***.

So probably the reason I may hate it more than others is I ignorantly bought a game from the GFW client, took 8 hours to download (steam takes 2) and I had to set up the damn account, and that particular game does NOT log in automatically...
m
l
July 12, 2011 2:57:35 AM

i dont generally buy any games online. Normally i can go to an EB Games store and get it cheaper and have the actual disk hard copy and not have to fart around with downloading.
m
l
July 12, 2011 4:12:16 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
i dont generally buy any games online. Normally i can go to an EB Games store and get it cheaper and have the actual disk hard copy and not have to fart around with downloading.

You will still have to create a live account and log in.
m
l
July 12, 2011 6:05:27 AM

ummmm.... depends on whether or not it is GFWL or GFW. GFW you shouldnt have to log in but the LIVE games will require youto .
m
l
July 12, 2011 8:18:15 PM

FlintIronStagg said:
ummmm.... depends on whether or not it is GFWL or GFW. GFW you shouldnt have to log in but the LIVE games will require youto .

I just saw that it says GFW and not GFWL. GFW is not a bad thing at all, it's the live part that is, but becuase it just says games for windows it's not a bad thing at all.( no log in)

m
l
July 12, 2011 10:34:53 PM

yeah not having the little orange LIVE at the bottom of gfw means no logging in to an xbox account or the like.
m
l
July 12, 2011 10:41:13 PM

not really bothered what its packaged on. as long as its a decent length has a fully fledged story thats as engrossing as oblivion... and its a reasonable price for the whole game... im not a fan of this pay and keep paying for crap dlc or dlc that should have been in the game to start with...
m
l
July 13, 2011 12:16:47 AM

full expansions i dont mind paying for, but fallout 3 is a perfect example of way too much DLC that should have been in the game to begin with
m
l
!