Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Similar question to the chopper one really.

I'm running around as a lvl 17 Argonian custom class. Spears is the weapon
of choice or Bow.

Now Ive picked up a Halberd that offers a lightning attack cast on strike
and that seems pretty handy. I also tend to use a devil spear on occasion
(well I bought it really early on and the bound spear side still seems
good compared to everything Im finding).

Are these reasonable weapons for this level or am I behind the curve?

Tim
--
When playing rugby, its not the winning that counts, but the taking apart
ICQ: 5178568

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 08:03:45 +0100, Tim Fitzmaurice
<tjf11@cus.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>Similar question to the chopper one really.
>
>I'm running around as a lvl 17 Argonian custom class. Spears is the weapon
>of choice or Bow.
>
>Now Ive picked up a Halberd that offers a lightning attack cast on strike
>and that seems pretty handy. I also tend to use a devil spear on occasion
>(well I bought it really early on and the bound spear side still seems
>good compared to everything Im finding).
>
>Are these reasonable weapons for this level or am I behind the curve?

I'd say they are reasonable. You can find a Dwemer spear in
Arkinghand (the Dwemer ruin across the big bridge from Balmora, where
the Puzzle Box is). If you haven't done the puzzle box quest yet,
don't worry about it; you can visit the ruin and find the spear
without going anywhere near the puzzle box. The spear is on the level
above the square room with all the desks in it, leaning against yet
another desk. I really like the silver spear. It does as much or
more damage as the Dwemer one, but weighs less. The trouble is, I can
only remember finding one once and I don't remember where. Glass
halberds are really nice, too, but it will be awhile before you start
seeing them as loot. You can probably find one for sale from the
smith in Ghostgate, but they are really expensive.
--
Nyctolops

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

In article <Pine.SOL.3.96.1040907080037.29261D-100000@draco.cus.cam.ac.uk>,
Tim Fitzmaurice <tjf11@cus.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Are these reasonable weapons for this level or am I behind the curve?

There is a really great spear in the game. It's certainly one of the
very best weapons in the basic game, in fact.

Many spoilers...

..
+
..
+
..
+
..
+
..
+
..
+
..
+
..

I warned you, there are serious spoilers here. If you
continue, you'll probably be eaten by a grue.

..
+
..
+
..
+
..
+
..
+
..
+
..
+
..
+
..
+
..
+
..

Under one of the Vivec cantons, there is a shrine to the Daedric
prince Sheogorath. If you talk to the statue, he will give you a quest
to go far north, west of Dagon Fel, and kill a giant bull netch with a
fork. Yes, a fork. Like you eat your boiled roobrush leaves with.

If you perform this task, you will be rewarded with the Spear of
Bitter Mercy, a weapon of awesome power. Legends have been written
about it.

Rick R.

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

There are more swords in the game to be found than any other weapon,
but there are good versions of all weapons available. Two of my
favorite spears in the game are

1. The one Ra'Virr carries in Balmora that creates a bound spear
(this is especially good for early characters as it can be bought
cheap near the beginning of the game).

2. Illnuruk (sp?), a spear of constant 30 night eye, that is found in
one of the Dwemer Ruins on the southeastern portion of the island.
The name of the ruin escapes me at the moment....but it is one where
there is a fighter guild quest out of Sadrith Mora and is sort of near
the Ebenmumble ashlander camp.

Also, the Spear of Bitter Mercy is mentioned in another post.

Spears are very fast weapons with a long reach.....and as such are
perhaps my favorite weapon in the game. Spears also really knock back
an opponent (perhaps as much as anything short of an axe or very large
warhammer) if you get a solid and/or running hit on them. Between the
knock back, fast wield and long range of the spear, spears really
limit your opponents ability to deal you damage. Fear not, you have
made a good choice in weapons.

Until you find the better spears, try out a Dwarven Halberd, perhaps
with your favorite enchantment on it. You will be pleased with the
results.