Motorola V265 on eBay

Dan wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5730170501

Most likely a scam.

According to Phonescoop, Verizon won't even release this phone until the end of
the year. Yeah, it's the 4th quarter now, but I plugged in my Southern
California ZIP code and VZW's site doesn't show the phone yet. Has anyone seen
the 265 in stores or online yet?

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Did you even take a look at it. There are real pictures of the phone and box.
It does not look like a scam to me.

"Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message news:cmf24q$5ci$1@ratbert.glorb.com...
> Dan wrote:
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5730170501
>>

> Most likely a scam.
>
> According to Phonescoop, Verizon won't even release this phone until the end of the year. Yeah, it's the 4th quarter now, but I
> plugged in my Southern California ZIP code and VZW's site doesn't show the phone yet. Has anyone seen the 265 in stores or online
> yet?
>
> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
> PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
> Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.

Radio Shack has it in stock for sale now. They got a couple in on
Wednesday. So, they are available at least there....

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 05:30:49 GMT, "Dan" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>Did you even take a look at it. There are real pictures of the phone and box.
>It does not look like a scam to me.

It's your auction, of course you'd defend it.

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 04:38:03 GMT, "Dan" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=

Hmm.. You are on comcast. The images for the auction you posted are
http://home.comcast.net/~fauguy/v265_b.jpg . I'm calling SPAMMER.

Dan wrote:
> Did you even take a look at it. There are real pictures of the phone and box.
> It does not look like a scam to me.

No, I didn't. How the hell did you get a V265 when Verizon isn't even selling
it yet? Phonescoop doesn't list anyone else as even potentially carrying the phone.

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:33:01 -0800, Evan Platt
<evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 04:38:03 GMT, "Dan" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=
>
>Hmm.. You are on comcast. The images for the auction you posted are
>http://home.comcast.net/~fauguy/v265_b.jpg . I'm calling SPAMMER.

He's not a spammer. I know the guy from HowardForums.

Radio Shack does have them...I looked at it Friday night and it is ok. Not
sure I want to buy it yet, but it is not a bad phone from first glance...

> Dan wrote:
> > Did you even take a look at it. There are real pictures of the phone and
box.
> > It does not look like a scam to me.
>
> No, I didn't. How the hell did you get a V265 when Verizon isn't even
selling
> it yet? Phonescoop doesn't list anyone else as even potentially carrying
the phone.

> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
sjsobol@JustThe.net
> PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
> Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.

_KC_

"Edgar" <edgar@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Radio Shack does have them...I looked at it Friday night and it is ok.
> Not
> sure I want to buy it yet, but it is not a bad phone from first glance...

Its a Motorola. Thats all I need to know to not spend my hard earned money
on it. Its not getting the best of reviews from people who have used it
already, which is what I expected.

KC

Maria F <maria11420*NOSPAM*@aol.com> wrote in message news:<9m2po01ftacs9p9o030fkob1ecg34afhqn@4ax.com>...
> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:33:01 -0800, Evan Platt
> <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 04:38:03 GMT, "Dan" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
> >
> >>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=
> >
> >Hmm.. You are on comcast. The images for the auction you posted are
> >http://home.comcast.net/~fauguy/v265_b.jpg . I'm calling SPAMMER.
>
> He's not a spammer. I know the guy from HowardForums.

It's like this...If everyone wanting to sell their phone posted in
this newsgoup, it would turn into a long and difficult to read want ad
list and not a discussion newsgoup.

I do admit that a phone for sale might have some interest to a few,
but this is a discussion group, not a for sale list. Where would one
stop it?
Posting for sale items without any other content is disrespectful of
the group and selfish.
I suspect this sort of thing may be aginst Ebay TOS as well.

-
David