Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Can a used pc game have bugs or viruses?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Bug
  • Crysis
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 7, 2011 8:18:24 PM

Ok i purchased crysis 2 from ebay. The seller said it was a brand new copy which is what i wanted, but on arrival the game was opened. so I was just curious if there was a possibility that they did install the game and their pc had a virus could it transfer to mine?

More about : game bugs viruses

July 7, 2011 8:53:57 PM

no. it wouldn't just transfer through the disk. They would have had to do it themselves.
Score

Best solution

July 7, 2011 8:54:47 PM

Hi tjosborne
As long as it is a genuine retail disc and not a copied cdr/dvd-r disc, it will have no virus's on it as it is not possible to add any data to these types of disc -Bugs are another matter as most games have a bug or two but that is down to bad progamming and usually sorted via a patch from the games website.
Related resources
July 7, 2011 9:02:58 PM

ok well i guess ill try to give it a run then. it is a genuine disk and all just wanted to make sure it was safe
Score
July 7, 2011 9:46:17 PM

the only thing you have to be wary of is that crysis attaches itself to the first account its registered to. so if it has been installed b4 and then you try to play it on a new machine, you wont be able to use the key as it will say key already in use.
you will have to talk to e.s. support. to either get a new key (they will charge for this) or get the key disconnected from the old account.
Score
July 8, 2011 1:44:20 AM

Best answer selected by tjosborne.
Score
July 9, 2011 11:42:40 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!