Treo, 1X indicator and PRL 50203

Hi All,
After an update to PRL 50203 on my Treo 600, I notice the 1X indicator
is no longer on the screen, and connecton is somtines not there.
Messages say "check your id and password...your provider may not support
dial up service."
A call to Verizon (oh no)...they tell me with 50203, you are always on
the 1X network, and the display will not show.
I suspect a funky PRL update....
Anyone with a Treo 600 in NYC using PRL update 50203?
Is your 1X indicator gone?
Appreciate comments to this whole thing.
Thanks.

"Paul G" <pgloe@optonline.net> wrote in message
| Hi All,
| After an update to PRL 50203 on my Treo 600, I notice the 1X indicator
| is no longer on the screen, and connecton is somtines not there.
| Messages say "check your id and password...your provider may not support
| dial up service."
| A call to Verizon (oh no)...they tell me with 50203, you are always on
| the 1X network, and the display will not show.
| I suspect a funky PRL update....
| Anyone with a Treo 600 in NYC using PRL update 50203?
| Is your 1X indicator gone?
| Appreciate comments to this whole thing.

I'd have the phone updated again......perhaps even have the firmware
reflashed at a Verizon store in the event that it's not compatible in some
way....

My Kyocera 7135 uses PRL 50203. The 1X indicator is there and the function
works.....

PC

| Thanks.

I'm certainly nothing near an expert on this, but, my Treo has PRL 50202. I
posted a item on this forum because I was hearing about PRL 50203 and
wondered why I couldn't get it. Someone posted that PRL 50202 is correct
for phones that can't show "Extended Network". The Treo can't show that, we
just have the flashing triangle. I guess the bottom line of this is, do you
have an incorrect PRL for your phone?

"Paul G" <pgloe@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> After an update to PRL 50203 on my Treo 600, I notice the 1X indicator
> is no longer on the screen, and connecton is somtines not there.
> Messages say "check your id and password...your provider may not support
> dial up service."
> A call to Verizon (oh no)...they tell me with 50203, you are always on
> the 1X network, and the display will not show.
> I suspect a funky PRL update....
> Anyone with a Treo 600 in NYC using PRL update 50203?
> Is your 1X indicator gone?
> Appreciate comments to this whole thing.
> Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS