Duke Nukem Forever May Show Up at PAX today

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky1234

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
From what I remember of the game trailer that was shown here about a month back I hope that the swearing it takin out of the game as I remeber Duke saying the F word a few times & lets face it there is no need for Duke to have to say the f word to make his sayings funny.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]on the one hand it better not slowdown development for borderlands 2 or more DLC... that said if it does not I'll be happily trying to get me a copy[/citation]

Yeah more Borderland will be cool!

kilthas_th

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
So starts the long and winding road toward bankruptcy for Gearbox... (just kidding! I hope!)

Seriously, though, does anyone who played the original really pine for a new Duke Nukem game? While the original game was certainly a shock to the system, the property is just IP at this point, and while it remains to be seen, the only innovation Duke appears to have gained is the ability to survive over a decade of development hell.

excidium

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
[citation][nom]rocky1234[/nom]From what I remember of the game trailer that was shown here about a month back I hope that the swearing it takin out of the game as I remeber Duke saying the F word a few times & lets face it there is no need for Duke to have to say the f word to make his sayings funny.[/citation]

Have you played the first one? If there is gaming character in gaming history that deserves to drop a few F-bombs here and there.. its Duke!

NotYetRated

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]excidium[/nom]Have you played the first one? If there is gaming character in gaming history that deserves to drop a few F-bombs here and there.. its Duke![/citation]

/agreed. Duke without the language would simply not be Duke.

haramir

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Wow, so the game might *actually* get released? Assuming, of course, that there are no more setbacks. Nothing like that could possibly happen now, could it? COULD IT?

ram1009

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rocky1234[/nom]From what I remember of the game trailer that was shown here about a month back I hope that the swearing it takin out of the game as I remeber Duke saying the F word a few times & lets face it there is no need for Duke to have to say the f word to make his sayings funny.[/citation]

I suggest you return to HALO and leave the adult games to adults.

Doommaker

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
[citation][nom]NotYetRated[/nom]Duke Nuken:Taking Forever should be the new title. Hopefully they are finally out of bubble gum and are ready to kick some arse.[/citation]

I'm here to waste your time and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

G

[citation][nom]flacoman3[/nom]Duke Nukem, the first game to innovate and include flushable toilets.[/citation]

The toilets were sweet... was that in Wolfenstein too???

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Even though I ran outa bubble gum years ago.... Im still ready for some more Duke whenever they get the game launched. Its just too much a part of gaming history and nostalgic to forget about, such as Doom/Quake.

hamthony

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Is it just me or are todays youth going to not even know who Duke Nukem is? Seriously if your under 25 chances are you probably never played it. I was a big big fan but it goes without saying his Q' status has def nose dived since the 90's

NotYetRated

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]Doommaker[/nom]I'm here to waste your time and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.[/citation]

hahaha or, "Im here to raise false hopes and chew bubble gum..."

Status
Not open for further replies.