Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Why is my xbox360 controller not connecting to pc?

Last response: in Video Games
July 8, 2011 3:48:24 AM

hi i want to play my n64 on my pc so i decided to buy an wired xbox360 controller for it because its easier for n64 either way i got the microsoft xbox360 to pc thing and it worked for a while but it started to disconnect once in a while and now it doesnt work any ideas i think its a broken wire as it was used but any help will be apreciated :) 

More about : xbox360 controller connecting

July 8, 2011 6:01:03 AM

You have to install the controller as a HID Mouse
Score
July 8, 2011 3:39:38 PM

How do u do that? I'm having the same problem
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 8, 2011 10:01:37 PM

JordoR said:
Did you make sure to download the necessary driver from the Microsoft website. The plug and play drivers are usually a bit problematic with the 360 controllers.

Here is the link in case you can't find it:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-controller-for-windows#support

Yup, did that/ Still doesn't work. Also showing error code 43 and when I plug it in says "usb device not recognized"
Score
July 16, 2011 5:13:34 PM

i got that i dont need cause i bought a logitech f310 now but i think it may have been the cable thanks anyway
Score
July 17, 2011 2:07:56 AM

raydog said:
Yup, did that/ Still doesn't work. Also showing error code 43 and when I plug it in says "usb device not recognized"

When it says that it usually means its broken. Check the wire and the remote. Same thing happened to my USB when i was saving a project at school.
Score
!