Gearbox Software Owns Duke Nukem... Forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
You're not any better back.

Personally while I hope gearbox does something with it.. Well it's Duke I'll believe it when I can buy it.

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
I actually didn't think Duke Nukem will get finished. Wow. It's like confirming an urban legend.... Hope it just plays well. With adult humor. :)

atk0309

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
[citation][nom]elbert[/nom]Good news and with any luck Duke will have his witty comments. The one novel part of Duke was how he interacted with his environment.[/citation]
It is gearbox who develops it.
It is guaranteed to have bad ass comments. Borderlands had the best in-game character comments I have seen in a while.
I am really hyped to see that exactly gearbox is behind the project now. My personal opinion is that it will fit their internal vision nicely. As for the fact that the game is long overdue ... c'mon we waiting for SC2 and now we are waiting for D3 almost as much. And we all know that as long as it is a good game it doesn't matter how much we rant we are going to buy it.

Stifle

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
"This will be a win-win situation for everyone involved..."
15 years worth of underground nerd lore, countless conversational references to the ultimate, yet unknown, bad-ass protagonist...
At least someone finally made some money by stringing us along behind this carrot of a game for so long. Lets hope "...Especially the fans" comes true and we don't all kick ourselves for being mouthwatering asses.

adikos

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
from the previews ive seen so far the duke nukem franchise will continue to stay funny and very adult oriented. im excited for the final product although i imagine my wife is less so.

my favorite multiplayer map on old duke nukem 3d was the tram level, my friends and i used to play that map endlessly (and the hotel one? fahrenheit?)

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]adikos[/nom]im excited for the final product although i imagine my wife is less so[/citation]
Funny how so many former DN3D players are all grown-up and married with kids, pushing 40, etc.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Funny how so many former DN3D players are all grown-up and married with kids, pushing 40, etc.[/citation]

HEY! I resemble that remark! :)

rocky1234

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
I'm all for the adult humor & all but I hope they don't try to swear just because they can if used right it will be very funny but if they go over board with it then they will wreck the whole game exp. With that said bring it on baby we got some killin to do Duke style. I can hardly wait for this game to come out it has only been 15 years since the last one which is way to long for us to have to wait but at least it is almost here. :)

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]thearm[/nom]"Please join me in supporting Duke in his triumphant return"I will not be doing so. I continue to think this is BS.[/citation]
I think after 15 years everyone is right to be cautiously optimistic rather than jumping for joy, but when the game actually hits the shelves (or Steam) I think we should then, and only then, put up some green and buy it.
"Shake it baby"

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
"Gearbox was the only home appropriate for the Duke Nukem brand."
Most importantly, they were the only company that wanted to pay us a bunch of money for it!

I wonder if DNF will even sell all that well. Most of the gaming kids today are probably too young to really remember duke.

jamesedgeuk2000

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Tbh Gearbox should be capable of finishing off DNF but I wouldn't hold my breath for another duke game, when using other peoples engines they make gold like HL Opposing force and Borderlands, but designing from the ground up they make garbage like the PC port of Halo

processthis

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Wait, is it just a coincidence that Duke Nukem Forever's initials also spell Did Not Finish (DNF)?

Hopefully Gearbox can make Duke Nukem Forever into a really great game...and actually get it released on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.