G

I am looking for a good MB for running a PIII 1000 on. I have always liked ABIT boards but am interested in amy good board. I currently run an ABIT BX133-RAID board but have recently run into problems with my Geforce 3 video card running on this board. If I run at the full 1gig the car locks up on certain games. If I clock my fsb down a couple of clicks to 132 or so, everything is fine.
Also wondering if I bought an AMD chip, (not sure which one, but one of the faster ones) could I use my pc133 ram on that MB?
Hope this is clear.
Thanks in advance.
Joel

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The problem your haveing with your video card is caused by overclocking the AGP bus to 89MHz. GeForce3 cards are beginning to show themselves not too overclock friendly. You should consider the Asus CUSL2-C, first, and the Abit SA6 only as a second choice. They are similar boards, and either will solve your AGP problem. The SA6R is the RAID version, if you need Raid.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

G

Thanks, im looking to order it now. I do not need RAID.

Joel

Perhaps you can change your graphics card. It seems to be the problem. Granted a CUSL2 will do the job and correct the lack of graphics card output, but its not the only option.

<b>
"Now drop your weapons or I'll kill him with this deadly jelly baby." :wink:
</b>

znick

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
a friend of mine have the same problem. (I also have a BX133 MoBo)
runnung @ 133Mhz fsb speed the BX133 seems to have stability problems on some systems. My friend solved it putting a Blue Orb on the north bridge instesd of the original passive cooler.
If the problem are 89Mhz AGP clock, try first overvolting I/O from BIOS (default for ABIT is 3.5V)

Sorry for my bad english...
Bye!