newbie question re "news on demand"?

Hiya,

Someone has posted recently about being able to access
google via text messaging. That is a pretty nifty
abililty to have.

Is there such a service for me to get news headlines?
I guess I am interested in a non-subscriber type setup
because I would only do this occassionally. Perhaps
the same for weather.

Or would it require/does it make sense to subscribe
to some sort of package deal that Verizon offers?

Thanks .. still new to the world of cellular.

EB

I set up a text alert, I guess that's close,
but not quite the same.

I was looking for a way to check headlines
when I wanted.

EB

Al

www.datacastnews.com

Read the instructions, it is set up for two-way pagers but works well with a
text message, but will cut off some of it because of 160 character
limitation.

AL

AL wrote:

> www.datacastnews.com
>
> Read the instructions, it is set up for two-way pagers but works well with a
> text message, but will cut off some of it because of 160 character
> limitation.

Thanks AL,

I'll check it out.

Esmail