Sign in with
Your question

Ps3 games blurry on lcd monitors

Last response: in Video Games
July 9, 2011 9:51:55 PM

hey guys so i have two lcd monitors that are 1080p, 1920x1080 res and are both hdcp compatible:
1st monitor : http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/pc-peripherals-print...
2nd monitor : http://benq.com/products/product_detail.cfm?product=151...

i just bought an hdmi cable and when i connected it to my ps3 slim, the menu was crystal clear and in obvious hd res. however right when i jump in to any game the graphics are all blurry and looks really bad. this is for any game. black ops, gta iv, lbp, uncharted 2 and so on. i tried changing to another new hdmi cable and the same thing happened for both monitors. i googled this problem and theres alot of forums on this issue with lcd monitors but there were no solutions for them. any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
July 12, 2011 2:25:45 AM

First thing that stands out is response time. 5ms is not very good if there is no "Game" mode on your monitor. The second one seems to have this feature, did you enable it? I can see why the first on isn't working right, but the second seems like it should work fine with the PS3, it even mentions it explicitly.

Try and switch to the "GTG" mode it mentions. I have never had a monitor like that so I do not know how exactly but I'm sure you can figure it out. If that fails you may need a new monitor. I have a *** LG that only outputs 1400x900 that I used with my PS3 briefly when my TV broke. It worked so I would think yours would as well.
July 12, 2011 4:06:20 AM

hey thanks for the reply.
there are no options for either monitors that allow me to enable game or gtg mode. do you think its the hdmi cable? i bought both for about 8 bucks each.
Related resources
July 25, 2011 1:18:56 AM

I doubt it. I buy all my cables on the cheap and have never had any issues. They only way to know would be to test it though. Test the cables out on a tv if you can, possibly a friends and see if they are functional.
February 14, 2012 12:37:26 AM

PS3 Fuzzy, red dots, snowy solution.
Something that helped mine a great deal (although not completely) on my Samsung 2253LW was to go into the PS3 "Display Settings" and change from 1080i to 1080p. try following:

SETTINGS
DISPLAY SETTINGS
VIDEO OUTPUT SETTINGS
HDMI
CUSTOM
1080p

Hope it helps. MUGSY
!