baron

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
Motherboard Asus A7A266 motheroard
256 meg stick of DDR ram , Crucial

How hard do I push it in? Anything special to do?

I need help, doing what crucial manual said to do, but I do not know the pressure..

thanks

IMacs for the blind

extremity

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2001
my Techs assure me that DDR needs as little pressure applied as does the SDRAM on a FLAT surface, untill the tabs click up and lock your module into position.
Make sure that the notches of your module are orientated with those on the M/B`s slots.
There should be little more to do, these days you don`t even worry about voltage settings.

On the Edge of Extremity
Microsoft Registered OEM,DSP,MCP
Custom Building of PC`s.

baron

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
cruical warns that DDR have different physical appearances and some won't fit into certain motherboards....

I pressed down fairly hard and still didn't go in.

I guess I wait till tomorrow to call them. Grrr.

Another question, the tabs lock themselves into place???

IMacs for the blind

baron

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
also, I can get one side into the correct place. but not both... seems the middle is preventing it.. i got it lined up and on the right sides. just something in the middle... maybe crucial didn't get that 'groove' just right.

IMacs for the blind

Teknoman

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001
make sure your plugging the ddr memory in to the 2 ddr slots and not the 3 sdr slots (reply to the wrong person the first time)

baron

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
Ok, they instruct the installation of the DDR wrong. I got them installed by getting one corner in and locking it.. Then I pressed down on the other corner and it clicked into place at a certain pressure!!!

You cannot just push it "straight" in with equal pressure on all sides like they said to do.

IMacs for the blind