GigaByte GA-6BXC (440BX AGP) Rev 2.0 Motherboard

G

I just purchased a Pentium 3 800E processor with 100MHz FSB for this motherboard. GigaByte tech support verified that the board has been validated for this processor but failed to give me the SW1 and SW2 dip switch settings. For SW1 the manual shows all 4 switches OFF for P3 processors 450 MHz thru 650 MHz (maximum size listed). The SW2 shows different positions for each of the 4 switches for the same group of processors. Can I assume SW1 settings will be the same for the 800MHz processor? I need the settings for the SW1 and SW2 dip switches. Any help you can give me will sure be appreciated. If anyone knows the settings I will be extreemly grateful for the information. Thanks in advance.

Bill

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Ideally, switch1, all off. Switch2, 1on, 2on, 3off, 4off. But in reality, you could screw up Switch2 and it wouldn't matter-the CPU has it's own multipliers.
If you would like to overclock, your processor should go to 896@112MHz (switch 1 off/on/off/off), and may go to 1064@133 if you can raise the voltage in BIOS. (off/off/on/off).

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

G

Crashman,

Thanks very much for the quick reply, I really appreciate the answer. Have a great day,

Bill