Mot v265 vs Audiovox 8910/9900?

I qualify for NE2 and am debating between the v265 and Audiovox
8910/9900. The attractions for me to the v265 are the GPS capability
and the camera. I've read at least one post saying the camera doesn't
work so well. How about the GPS location feature? How does that
actually work? Does it require a data subscription? Is it fast? I'm a
big Mot fan and would like to stay with it. I also have the 270c and
2868 accessories, so presuming the v265 maintains at least the 270c
line (charging connectors) I'll be ok.

If neither the GPS nor camera are that great, I'll likely go with the
Audiovox and test it, as I've heard its camera is decent.

Any idea when the v265 will hit the Boston MA area?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Scott

The camera is bad, and GPS is only for when you dial 911 it's not for
location based services or anything usefull. Unless you're a die-hard
Motorola fan go with the Audiovox.

Julie Ruin wrote:

> The camera is bad, and GPS is only for when you dial 911 it's not for
> location based services or anything usefull. Unless you're a die-hard
> Motorola fan go with the Audiovox.
>

> "Scott Ehrlich" <scott@ehrlichtronics.com> wrote in message
>>I qualify for NE2 and am debating between the v265 and Audiovox
>> 8910/9900. The attractions for me to the v265 are the GPS capability
>> and the camera. I've read at least one post saying the camera doesn't
>> work so well. How about the GPS location feature? How does that
>> actually work? Does it require a data subscription? Is it fast? I'm a
>> big Mot fan and would like to stay with it. I also have the 270c and
>> 2868 accessories, so presuming the v265 maintains at least the 270c
>> line (charging connectors) I'll be ok.
>>
>> If neither the GPS nor camera are that great, I'll likely go with the
>> Audiovox and test it, as I've heard its camera is decent.
>>
>> Any idea when the v265 will hit the Boston MA area?
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Scott

Agreed. I absolutely HATE Audiovox phones, but the 8910 is a Cadillac
compared to the v265. Better display, better camera, equally-cheap
construction.

Steve