Windows 7 vs windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky_1

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
I am buying a laptop with
a 1.83ghz core 2 duo 2gb of ram and the ati mobility x1600 graphics
it comes with windows xp I was wondereing if it would be powerful enough to run windows 7 as smoothly as xp and which one to use

thanks in advance
austin

Solution
Before I upgraded, I was running a desktop with a 1.86GHz core 2 duo and 2GB RAM with Win7 for a while. Worked great.

After using Windows 7, I can't stand using XP (at work). Win7 is a really slick operating system. I say go ahead with the upgrade if you plan to keep your laptop for a while. If a new laptop is on the horizon, just stick with XP.
Before I upgraded, I was running a desktop with a 1.86GHz core 2 duo and 2GB RAM with Win7 for a while. Worked great.

After using Windows 7, I can't stand using XP (at work). Win7 is a really slick operating system. I say go ahead with the upgrade if you plan to keep your laptop for a while. If a new laptop is on the horizon, just stick with XP.

Solution

maniac007

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010

yea it will run optimal..

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
if you want 32 and 64bit OS on the computer, the only way is dual boot, which is no big deal to do, I'm running a dual boot XP and W7 x64 Ultimate with 2G RAM, I think it's better than the 32bit version, and I have both of them on my computers

verbalizer

Distinguished

what will make the upgrade, a 32-bit to 64-bit.?
if that's what you think then your a fool or you need to clarify in more detail.
unless you partition and create a dual boot with both os's 32 and 64;
there is no way that you can just install a 64-bit over a 32-bit OS as an upgrade.
ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.