Status
Not open for further replies.

proximity30

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
guys how do i activate the dx11 on black ops. i have 2 GTX 560 ti...and it shows on the frame rate software that it is running on Dx9....how do i convert it to dx 11???...thak you guys

Solution
DirectX 11 is only available on games that support it. Call of Duty Black Ops does not support DirectX11 and will only render in DirectX 9. Right now there are only maybe 20 or so games out there that support DirectX 11, and none of the Call of Duty games are on that list. The ones I can recall off the top of my head that support DX11 are:
Metro 2033
Tom Clancy's HAWX 2
Lost Planet 2
Aliens vs. Predator
Crysis 2 (with DX11 patch)
Total War: Shogun 2 (with a DX11 patch)
Dragon Age 2
World of Warcraft
Dirt 2

Most games do not support DX11, and that trend is likely to continue for the next while, it takes time for developers to implement new technologies, and the consoles can't support any DX11 features, so there is little motivation from...
DirectX 11 is only available on games that support it. Call of Duty Black Ops does not support DirectX11 and will only render in DirectX 9. Right now there are only maybe 20 or so games out there that support DirectX 11, and none of the Call of Duty games are on that list. The ones I can recall off the top of my head that support DX11 are:
Metro 2033
Tom Clancy's HAWX 2
Lost Planet 2
Aliens vs. Predator
Crysis 2 (with DX11 patch)
Total War: Shogun 2 (with a DX11 patch)
Dragon Age 2
World of Warcraft
Dirt 2

Most games do not support DX11, and that trend is likely to continue for the next while, it takes time for developers to implement new technologies, and the consoles can't support any DX11 features, so there is little motivation from some developers to implement DX11 on their PC ports, especially if they view the PC version of the game as a quick and dirty way to make a little bit of extra cash.

Solution

You can add F.E.A.R 3 to that DX11 list.

I think I'm up to 'Interval 5' or thereabouts and yes, whilst the game does run in DX11 mode the graphics are not what I would call mind blowing at all as it does look very much like the last one for the most part.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
True that!! No great shakes off the DX11 in F3AR! Btw, I didn't even know it 'was' DX11! Which actually goes to show how insignificant the DX11 features are!!

But the gameplay is pretty good, no doubt! It's not quite as 'freaky' as FEAR 2, but still pretty good!

P:S: Is everybody on interval 5??? Coz so am I!

If that was a Harry Potter reference I feel it only fair to warn you that a recent UN mandate has sanctioned the use of airstrikes against any individual and or their computer if a reference to HP or any of the characters associated with are made. It must be true because I read it on the interweb somewhere. [:mousemonkey]

the fact that its running dx11 and you cant tell is a good thing...
it means in the most part your not just looking at the scenery.
things that are round are round and things that have texture look like they have texture.
it still looks to cartoony for my liking but thats my only gripe.

Yeah, it runs as smooth as silk for me (I'd be well narked if it didn't!) and maybe some of that is because it was coded for DX11 from the get go and they didn't go overboard with the FX.

Status
Not open for further replies.