HP 640C

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

I've just bought, 2nd hand, an HP 640c. My OS is Windows 2000 pro with sp4,
running on an Intel Celeron-s 1100, with 375mb ram and acres of space on the
hdd.
It took a while to install as the autoexec.nt file was corrupt. Fixed that,
now if it prints at all, which occassionally it does!!, it is very, very
slow.

Any ideas? The printer was working fine for its previous owner.

TIA

Stephen
1 answer Last reply
More about 640c
  1. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

    You might try downloading the drivers for the 640c from the HP web site. The
    inkjets are not that slow as a rule, and I suspect something in the software
    setup is preventing your printer from running at an acceptable speed. If you
    did download the drivers from the HP web site, you might try also installing
    drivers for an older but compatible model of printer, for example the 600c.

    HP seems to make a hash out of its software support these days, with all sorts
    of warts and blemishes on its various software. Something Mr. Hurd ought to
    look at, because Princess Carly was too aloof to much around in the details of
    how a business actually runs... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:58:46 +1200, "Stephen Doyle" <steve@dmsystems.co.nz>
    wrote:

    >I've just bought, 2nd hand, an HP 640c. My OS is Windows 2000 pro with sp4,
    >running on an Intel Celeron-s 1100, with 375mb ram and acres of space on the
    >hdd.
    >It took a while to install as the autoexec.nt file was corrupt. Fixed that,
    >now if it prints at all, which occassionally it does!!, it is very, very
    >slow.
    >
    >Any ideas? The printer was working fine for its previous owner.
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Stephen

Hewlett Packard Printers Computers