kt7a-raid err msg

G

This is my first home built PC and am still trying to get over the learning curve. So far all I have installed is an abit kt7a-raid mobo, 256crucial ram, nvidia agp video card, amd 1g cpu, heatsink & some fans, plextor12/8/32 burner, floppy, & 30g Western Dig HD.
I am able to power up okay, but then come to a message that says "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk And Press Enter". -- I assume I'm being prompted for the OS disks, so I insert a cd for windows ME, press enter & the same error message is prompted again. Nothing happens from that point.

In the advanced BIOS Features I have the First Boot Device set to CDROM, Second Boot Device set to Floppy, and Third Boot Device set to HDD 0.

I am looking for some expert advice on what the problem might be. Am I setting something wrong in the BIOS? Did I interpret the error message correctly? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

"Give me a woman who truly loves beer and I will conquer the world." --
Kaiser Wilhelm

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Nothing speshual. If you really want boot from CD (I assume you have really bootable CD (copied ones dont allways do that)) you will have to: put your CD Rom on primary master and your HD on secondary matser settings. That is all it takes for some boards to boot from CD (at least that is what I have found out myself with CUSL2-C and ABIT KT7A). If you dont want to screw with that, get a real Win98 boot floppy and boot from there with CD Rom support. Everything else you probably know.

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink: