Sign in with
Your question

World of warcraft random computer restarts

Last response: in Video Games
July 12, 2011 5:49:26 AM

:pfff:  ok im playing WoW and whenever i go to stormwind my computer crashes and has the blue screen that says windows is shutting down to prevent damage and it reboots itself after that. also very frequently (like every 5 minutes) at random times my computers screen will turn black and do like a reset... (but only the screen, my computer is running normally while this happens) and sometimes after the black screen when WoW comes back on the graphics in the game will be black also. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help. THANKS!

Heres some information you might need to know:

I have windows vista

System

\Manufacturer: Gateway
Model: MX8738
Rating: 2.8 Windows Experience Index
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2080 @1.73GHz 1.73GHz
Memory(RAM): 1.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System

PS:im naked

Thanks for Helping!!!
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 12, 2011 10:00:29 AM

It could be temperature, bad power supply or just you have a very old laptop and the graphics are not up yo it. Run HWMonitor and check what temperatures you are getting.
m
l
July 12, 2011 4:01:32 PM

simon12 said:
It could be temperature, bad power supply or just you have a very old laptop and the graphics are not up yo it. Run HWMonitor and check what temperatures you are getting.

Thank you i will look into doing that but this laptop is only about 2 -3 years old. Im thinking about getting a new one, but they can get pretty expensive.
m
l
Related resources
July 12, 2011 4:26:08 PM

Also download and check 'who crashed' software. Open the minidump files from Windows folder with the help of the program. Then check what might have caused this. Also, have you tried running the OS in safe mode ?
m
l
July 13, 2011 7:29:33 PM

I looked up your laptop on Gateway's site and here's your problem

[quote0Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Up to 224 MB shared video memory[/quote]

With the advancement in WoW's graphics, integrated cards just can't do it. Out of curiousity, what resolution are you running at?
m
l
July 24, 2011 4:02:59 AM

csnyder1582 said:
I looked up your laptop on Gateway's site and here's your problem

[quote0Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Up to 224 MB shared video memory

With the advancement in WoW's graphics, integrated cards just can't do it. Out of curiousity, what resolution are you running at?
[/quote]

on WoW the graphics and everything else is set to low on my laptop idk how to check
m
l
!