Does the new Crysis 2 DX11 patch fix the flickering issue?

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
Crysis 2 is virtually unplayable due to a horrible graphics glitch where all light sources are constantly flickering. Apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. It has something to do with crossfire and SLI GPU setups. This is not a problem with single-GPU systems.

Here is a video example of this problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9tw_3-BeyY&feature=related

I have two HD 5870's (1GB) in crossfire and this problem is very bad on my end. The only way to fix it is to either disable crossfire or run the game in windowed mode.

Where do I download this new DX11 patch for Crysis 2? Is it third-party software or an official Crytek program?

cbrunnem

Distinguished

dude use google. its not hard at all to find the patch. peoples lack of initiative amaze me sometime.

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010

Apparently the 1.9 patch, DX11 and high resolution upgrade did solve the flickering problem.

What are the latest patches for HD 5870's in crossfire?

kio54

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
no, the new patches and whatnot didn't solve anything. there's still to much flickering to actually play the game, unless your lucky.

i however, with my 2 gtx 480's and 9800 for physX, am certainly not one of the lucky ones.

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Are the 11.6 the latest drivers for the HD 5870? Are those the crossfire drivers you linked me to?

After I download them, how do I install them?

11.6 are the latest drivers.
Crossfire drivers ? Both cards should have the same drivers. There aren't any specific drivers for CF.
You only have to make sure that you have the CCC Crossfire setting checked. Also you should download the profiles from the link that I gave.