Should I get an xbox 360 or a Wii?

krogoth1989

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2005
For ~50 dollars I have the choice of either getting an Xbox 360 or a Wii and currently i'm not sure which to pick.

I'm pretty big into playing against others online and I know 360 has tons of online gaming but when I really look at the popular titles they all seem to be shooters tho the games themselves are pretty good I cant see myself using a joystick to shoot stuff after playing so many PC fps games. I tried BFBC 2 on Xbox and its pretty amazing that so many people play it online using a joystick.

I would think that Wii would have better single player games and more fun games for when I have people over whereas 360 would once again have shooters with divided screens which makes fps games even harder. But then i'm stuck at 480p resolution and the new Wii is already coming out next year and finally multi-platform games are mostly ps3/360/pc.

For instance Alice/ Mass effect 2

My gaming notebook is around 2 years old so it has lost a lot of its umph and building a new PC would cost a little more than id like to spend atm, especially since I don't find there to be many PC titles. Last Christmas I made a thread on here for PC games to play while I recovered from an injury but the list was very short and I beat most of the games.

So any opinions are welcome, sorry for the walls of text.

Of the two, go for the Xbox 360. The Wii's game library is absolutely pathetic. Aside from the stuff Nintendo produces, the Wii's library is filled with shovelware, and very crappy ports of games on the PS3/Xbox 360. Aside from some good local multiplayer games like Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Mario Kart, and the typical Mario/Zelda/Metroid fare that Nintendo produces there really isn't much on the Wii.

+1. the 360 has much better games in term of single player as well as multi. I have a Wii. it collects dust. I feel the exact same as supernova does on this.

Well, you have to consider which style of gameplay you want from a console.

If you are into a lot of action or RPG games that you online with other (or single player campaign), then the Xbox 360 is better.

If you are looking for casual type games that friends and family can enjoy (even little kids), then go for the Wii.

Me? I prefer to play PC games. I don't have any game console.

It took me a while to get used to FPS games on a console, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy. On another note, if you're one to get motion sickness, I find it hard to play FPS games on the Wii. If you don't have steady hands, you will get a lot of bob & weave. This can cause motion sickness especially if the field ov view is set too narrow in the game.

My wii barely gets used. Like others have said, there just aren't enough good games in their library.