spell casting

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

I haven't tried to cast spells as yet. If I want too, (since my character
mainly swings a sword) can I only cast with scrolls (so I have to
continually buy scrolls) or is there a way to be like a magic user and cast?
That is, if I buy a spell, is it then mine to continually cast, or does it
get used up like a scroll?

Marissa
2 answers Last reply
More about spell casting
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    "maw" <tam.lin@sympatico.ca> schreef in bericht
    > I haven't tried to cast spells as yet. If I want too, (since my character
    > mainly swings a sword) can I only cast with scrolls (so I have to
    > continually buy scrolls) or is there a way to be like a magic user and
    cast?
    > That is, if I buy a spell, is it then mine to continually cast, or does it
    > get used up like a scroll?
    >
    > Marissa

    No, your spell doesn't get used up.
    Your Magicka does get used up however!
    You can see the cost/chance listed with your spells.
    When the cost is more than your magicka, you will see that your chance will
    be zero.

    good luck, Wiebe
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:17:23 +0200, "Wiebe" <Wiebe@qqq.invalid> wrote:

    >"maw" <tam.lin@sympatico.ca> schreef in bericht
    >> I haven't tried to cast spells as yet. If I want too, (since my character
    >> mainly swings a sword) can I only cast with scrolls (so I have to
    >> continually buy scrolls) or is there a way to be like a magic user and
    >cast?
    >> That is, if I buy a spell, is it then mine to continually cast, or does it
    >> get used up like a scroll?
    >>
    >> Marissa
    >>

    >No, your spell doesn't get used up.
    >Your Magicka does get used up however!
    >You can see the cost/chance listed with your spells.
    >When the cost is more than your magicka, you will see that your chance will
    >be zero.

    Though strangely, you can have a chance of zero, and still be
    succesful - is this something to do with luck?

Games Video Games