Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

I haven't tried to cast spells as yet. If I want too, (since my character
mainly swings a sword) can I only cast with scrolls (so I have to
continually buy scrolls) or is there a way to be like a magic user and cast?
That is, if I buy a spell, is it then mine to continually cast, or does it
get used up like a scroll?

Marissa

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

"maw" <tam.lin@sympatico.ca> schreef in bericht
> I haven't tried to cast spells as yet. If I want too, (since my character
> mainly swings a sword) can I only cast with scrolls (so I have to
> continually buy scrolls) or is there a way to be like a magic user and
cast?
> That is, if I buy a spell, is it then mine to continually cast, or does it
> get used up like a scroll?
>
> Marissa

No, your spell doesn't get used up.
Your Magicka does get used up however!
You can see the cost/chance listed with your spells.
When the cost is more than your magicka, you will see that your chance will
be zero.

good luck, Wiebe

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:17:23 +0200, "Wiebe" <Wiebe@qqq.invalid> wrote:

>"maw" <tam.lin@sympatico.ca> schreef in bericht
>> I haven't tried to cast spells as yet. If I want too, (since my character
>> mainly swings a sword) can I only cast with scrolls (so I have to
>> continually buy scrolls) or is there a way to be like a magic user and
>cast?
>> That is, if I buy a spell, is it then mine to continually cast, or does it
>> get used up like a scroll?
>>
>> Marissa
>>

>No, your spell doesn't get used up.
>Your Magicka does get used up however!
>You can see the cost/chance listed with your spells.
>When the cost is more than your magicka, you will see that your chance will
>be zero.

Though strangely, you can have a chance of zero, and still be
succesful - is this something to do with luck?