Linksys Wireless-G Range Expander

I have a D-Link Dl-624, could anyone please tell me if the Linksys
Wireless-G Range Expander will work with this router, thanks.

--
Cheers!
________________

Roger Dewell
5 answers Last reply
More about linksys wireless range expander

    No it won't. I believe the range expanders are CNC connectors and the
    DLinks are not.

    sean

    Sean wrote:
    > No it won't. I believe the range expanders are CNC connectors and the
    > DLinks are not.
    >
    > sean

    The range expander is a repeater, so what does its antenna connector
    have to do with anything? To the original poster, frankly you could buy
    one from someplace that has a fairly liberal return policy and test it
    out. If it works, keep it, if not take it back.

    "Shiranui Gen-An" <nazonazo@nazo.net> wrote in message
    > Sean wrote:
    >> No it won't. I believe the range expanders are CNC connectors and the
    >> DLinks are not.
    >>
    >> sean
    >
    > The range expander is a repeater, so what does its antenna connector have
    > to do with anything? To the original poster, frankly you could buy one
    > from someplace that has a fairly liberal return policy and test it out.
    > If it works, keep it, if not take it back.

    That's what I did and it didn't work.

    Thanks for the reply.

    I have one and it works fairly well however it won't yet support WPA
    encryption so I am not currently using it. It will support no encryption or
    WEP encryption.

    Dave G

    Dave G wrote:
    > I have one and it works fairly well however it won't yet support WPA
    > encryption so I am not currently using it. It will support no encryption or
    > WEP encryption.
    >
    > Dave G
    >
    > "Shiranui Gen-An" <nazonazo@nazo.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Sean wrote:
    >>
    >>>No it won't. I believe the range expanders are CNC connectors and the
    >>>DLinks are not.
    >>>
    >>>sean
    >>
    >>The range expander is a repeater, so what does its antenna connector have
    >>to do with anything? To the original poster, frankly you could buy one
    >>from someplace that has a fairly liberal return policy and test it out.
    >>If it works, keep it, if not take it back.

    I don't have much choice but to use WEP. I have to use on main
    AP/router plus two repeater APs to get a good signal thoughout my whole
    house :(

Wireless D-Link Linksys Internet Wireless Networking