Linksys Wireless-G Range Expander

I have a D-Link Dl-624, could anyone please tell me if the Linksys
Wireless-G Range Expander will work with this router, thanks.

--
Cheers!
________________

Roger Dewell

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

No it won't. I believe the range expanders are CNC connectors and the
DLinks are not.

sean

Sean wrote:
> No it won't. I believe the range expanders are CNC connectors and the
> DLinks are not.
>
> sean

The range expander is a repeater, so what does its antenna connector
have to do with anything? To the original poster, frankly you could buy
one from someplace that has a fairly liberal return policy and test it
out. If it works, keep it, if not take it back.

"Shiranui Gen-An" <nazonazo@nazo.net> wrote in message
> Sean wrote:
>> No it won't. I believe the range expanders are CNC connectors and the
>> DLinks are not.
>>
>> sean
>
> The range expander is a repeater, so what does its antenna connector have
> to do with anything? To the original poster, frankly you could buy one
> from someplace that has a fairly liberal return policy and test it out.
> If it works, keep it, if not take it back.

That's what I did and it didn't work.

Thanks for the reply.

I have one and it works fairly well however it won't yet support WPA
encryption so I am not currently using it. It will support no encryption or
WEP encryption.

Dave G

Dave G wrote:
> I have one and it works fairly well however it won't yet support WPA
> encryption so I am not currently using it. It will support no encryption or
> WEP encryption.
>
> Dave G
>
> "Shiranui Gen-An" <nazonazo@nazo.net> wrote in message
>
>>Sean wrote:
>>
>>>No it won't. I believe the range expanders are CNC connectors and the
>>>DLinks are not.
>>>
>>>sean
>>
>>The range expander is a repeater, so what does its antenna connector have
>>to do with anything? To the original poster, frankly you could buy one
>>from someplace that has a fairly liberal return policy and test it out.
>>If it works, keep it, if not take it back.

I don't have much choice but to use WEP. I have to use on main
AP/router plus two repeater APs to get a good signal thoughout my whole
house :(