Xero23

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Hello fellow gamers,

I have been quite annoyed lately finding out how The Witcher 2 game performs on my laptop. The problem I have is determining if its the Graphics card or the processor's fault. I'm currently running TW2 at 800*600 resolution and on low specs, but I still get some lag and fps drop throughout the game. The fps drops at certain times, but the game is still playable. Is this what you would expect with minimum requirements?

I also installed the latest NVIDIA drivers.

Laptop Specifications

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5-430M @ 2.27GHz
4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, 1GB VRAM

Thanks for the reply

Probably a little of both actually. Your CPU is on the slower side, and is probably only a little bit above minimum system requirements, even with the i5's superior architecture. The GT 330m is also not a very fast GPU either. Your laptop just isn't really geared towards gaming, just be thankful the game runs at a playable framerate at all.

Only thing I can suggest is go into your Windows power settings, and make sure it is set to run on the performance profile. If it is not running on the performance setting, Windows will automatically underclock all your hardware to save power.

+1, the 330m is a bit too slow to be playing games on. Laptops in general arent the way you want to go unless you are a student that needs one, and buys one capable of light gaming.