Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Dont know what game to get

Last response: in Video Games
July 13, 2011 3:05:49 AM

Hey everyone,

I just recently beat a couple of games on my pc and i am now officially out of games to play and am looking for another to purchase but i am not sure what to get....

favourite games:
Mass Effect 2
Fallout 3
Portal 2
Dragon Age origins
Mafia 2
Dawn of War II
Crysis 2

other games i own:
just cause 2
arkham asylum
BF2
Black ops
crysis
crysis warhead
Fallout New Vegas
Medal of Honour
Metro 2033

Im kinda stumped on what game to get next and ive been looking at the witcher 2, lost planet 2, dragon age 2, and starcraft 2 but am not sure which one to get first, they all seem to have their ups and downs and i cant decide which one...

i was hoping to hear some feedback from people who have played those games and what they thought of them and i would also like to hear any other opinions on some other games i might like

thanks in advance :) 

More about : dont game

July 13, 2011 3:37:53 AM

Witcher 2 for sure, I had a blast playing through it, twice already.
Score
July 13, 2011 7:14:32 AM

I would recommend StarCraft 2 very highly, but looking at your current crop of games, you don't seem to be much of an RTS gamer.
Score
Related resources
July 13, 2011 7:27:35 AM

Bioshock
Score
July 13, 2011 7:32:10 AM

GTA IV +Episodes from liberty city (Make sure you patch them to the latest patch!)
Dead Space 1 and 2
Fallout: New Vegas (Sinceyou seem to be more into RPG's)
Battlefield: Bad Company2
Score
July 13, 2011 3:14:26 PM

Herr_Koos said:
I would recommend StarCraft 2 very highly, but looking at your current crop of games, you don't seem to be much of an RTS gamer.

oh i love RTS :)  i just dont own too many of them, and also i forgot to list supreme commander: forged alliance as one of my fav games (havent played it in a while though) and i also own all of the dawn of war games
Score
July 13, 2011 3:18:54 PM

okay im either gunna get starcraft 2, the witcher 2 or maybe dead space 2... wich one of these will give me the most play time through campaign? but im leaning more towards starcraft 2 cause of multiplayer (rts is my favourite type of multiplayer game) but i also really do like rpg's :S
Score
July 13, 2011 3:19:18 PM

Another vote for starcraft 2 then especially the multiplayer
Score
July 13, 2011 3:24:58 PM

StarCraft 2. And if you're into racing games, DiRT 3 as well.
Score
July 13, 2011 3:30:57 PM

vibrantxxninjas said:
okay im either gunna get starcraft 2, the witcher 2 or maybe dead space 2... wich one of these will give me the most play time through campaign? but im leaning more towards starcraft 2 cause of multiplayer (rts is my favourite type of multiplayer game) but i also really do like rpg's :S

I'd say Starcraft 2 will last you longer among the 3.
Score
July 13, 2011 3:49:39 PM

Another vote for Starcraft 2. I played SC1 for YEARS. I plan on playing SC2 for many more.
Score
July 13, 2011 3:59:47 PM

Campaign in SC2 is fairly short, but depending on how big you are into the multiplayer that can last you nearly endless hours.

The map creator in SC2 is impressive, and there are new and better maps out week-to-week.
Score
July 13, 2011 4:06:03 PM

I was guessing, but doesn't RTS games usually last some time ?
Score
July 13, 2011 4:20:54 PM

RTS lasts forever. My friends and I still play AOE II sometimes and that game was released over a decade ago.
Score
July 13, 2011 4:23:33 PM

Gman450 said:
I was guessing, but doesn't RTS games usually last some time ?

They do yeah. I still fire up C&C games, Age of Mythology, Age of Empires III, and Tropico 3 from time to time.
Score
July 13, 2011 5:19:06 PM

SC2, Bisohock 1 and 2. Endless hours with SC2 multi. Bioshock 1 and 2 for the great stories.
Score
July 13, 2011 6:48:23 PM

i think ive decied that ill stick with an rpg this time since i havent really played a good one in a while... is red dead redemption good to get? i want an rpg that will last me a while and does rdr have free roam?
Score
July 13, 2011 7:27:39 PM

nevermind just found out that rdr is not on pc (unless my sources were wrong)
Score
July 14, 2011 3:27:27 PM

You're sources aren't wrong. Red Dead redemption is only a console exclusive. Good thing they're at least releasing LA Noire for PC. I just hope they do the coding right.
Score
July 14, 2011 10:06:08 PM

mass effect. If you liked the second one, the first one is even better ;) 
Score
July 15, 2011 2:41:31 AM

Go for Starcraft 2 man, even though you're a frequent FPS player you should try playing SC2 cause not only it has been developed by a great company(Blizzard) and received tons of recognition for it's great storyline, graphics, gameplay, etc. You'll also be able to play 26 missions throughout which will last you very long. :D 
Score
July 15, 2011 5:45:36 AM

christiansantos57 said:
Go for Starcraft 2 man, even though you're a frequent FPS player you should try playing SC2 cause not only it has been developed by a great company(Blizzard) and received tons of recognition for it's great storyline, graphics, gameplay, etc. You'll also be able to play 26 missions throughout which will last you very long. :D 

That is IF op likes rts with a fairly steep learning curve
Score
July 15, 2011 6:23:36 AM

Dragon Age: Origins is on your favorite list. You'd likely like Dragon Age 2, I did.
Score
July 15, 2011 7:00:28 AM

FlintIronStagg said:
That is IF op likes rts with a fairly steep learning curve

I wouldn't say the learning curve of SC2 is steep at all. As OP mentioned, he does have some RTS experience. The basics mechanics are easy to learn. It's harder to master it than to learn it though....
Score

Best solution

July 15, 2011 7:08:24 AM

so you are into FPS games and you own metro? I recommend amnesia if you truly want to feel fear and see incredible designs. for strategy, dawn of war 2 retribution and Shogun 2 will suffice for at least a month. Especially shogun.. man that game is a masterpiece.
July 15, 2011 11:22:09 AM

I loved Amnesia. But many people who are into Horror FPSs', would feel a bit annoyed that they can't shoot the monsters with a gun or so.
Score
July 15, 2011 7:35:00 PM

It's not on the list but Assassin's Creed is awesome.
Score
July 16, 2011 6:37:33 AM

Gman450 said:
I loved Amnesia. But many people who are into Horror FPSs', would feel a bit annoyed that they can't shoot the monsters with a gun or so.

yeah you are right but isn't it the point where the game gets scarier? :D 
Score
July 16, 2011 6:41:10 AM

Zylen92 said:
yeah you are right but isn't it the point where the game gets scarier? :D 

The point is, Amnesia is great no matter what. If people want to complain that the mechanics are dumb.... then go pound some sand. Its a great game with great pacing
Score
July 16, 2011 6:53:10 AM

FlintIronStagg said:
The point is, Amnesia is great no matter what. If people want to complain that the mechanics are dumb.... then go pound some sand. Its a great game with great pacing

wow mate i liked it i was just complimenting cause it is horror game :) 
Score
July 16, 2011 12:41:20 PM

Zylen92 said:
wow mate i liked it i was just complimenting cause it is horror game :) 

wasnt directed at you, i got what you were saying, i was merely agreeing with you and telling the haters i always run into to bugger off
Score
July 16, 2011 12:48:45 PM

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Massive game world, great atmosphere, hundreds of hours of content, sandbox style, open world game with hundreds of NPCs make you feel like you're actually in a living, breathing fantasy world. I'd go so far as to say that it set the precedent on modern fantasy RPGs. Average reviewer score was 9/10. Also has an excellent modding community, so you can hardly ever run out of content with this game (not that it'd be easy to run out even without mods.) Freedom, lore, religion, joinable cults, shops, day/night cycle with unique events happening at unique times, magic, epic quests and that oh-so-slightly robotic voice acting that we all know and love :p  Plus the DLC "The Shivering Isles" is just brilliant. Become a warrior, a knight, a count, a ruthless assassin, shadowy theif, powerful arch-mage, deadly necromancer, a vampire, or just a casual explorer, or even all of the above - in this game, you can do pretty much anything.

Honestly, Oblivion is a game that every single gamer should at least try, even if you dislike fantasy RPGs.

Just my two cents,

-Nih
Try it.
Score
July 16, 2011 3:11:57 PM

Zylen92 said:
so you are into FPS games and you own metro? I recommend amnesia if you truly want to feel fear and see incredible designs. for strategy, dawn of war 2 retribution and Shogun 2 will suffice for at least a month. Especially shogun.. man that game is a masterpiece.

never heard of that game ? ill go check it out and tel u what i think
Score
July 16, 2011 3:36:43 PM

^+1 for Amnesia: the Dark Descent.

Honestly, that's one of those games that is so jumpy, especially in the earlier levels when everything's still new and mysterious :p 

As for Shogun 2, it's good, but I wouldn't say it's the best game ever :)  It has strong mechanics, and some replayability but after your 3rd or 4th time it can get a bit repetitive.

-Nih
Score
July 16, 2011 3:58:00 PM

I never completed Amnesia, even though I liked it. I got spooked a bit too much and didn't play the game afterwards. :lol: 

Score
July 16, 2011 5:29:29 PM

vibrantxxninjas said:
never heard of that game ? ill go check it out and tel u what i think

by the way mate, full name of the game is amnesia: the dark descent. doesn't have the best graphics but one of the last of its kind. (personally they totally screwed up at fear series-sorry for the language i cant find any suitable things to say-) so i think you should really try it.
Score
July 17, 2011 2:42:51 AM

thanks everyone, im gonna get dead space 2 and amnesia the dark descent off steam for now, but starcraft 2 will most likely be my next game to pick up after i get my new monitor :) 

thanks again
Score
July 17, 2011 2:44:37 AM

Best answer selected by vibrantxxninjas.
Score
July 17, 2011 2:16:13 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!