VX6100 and speakerphone?

My cell needs include:

- Speakerphone (used when I drive)
- must be easy to access

- Camera

- AMPS/CDMA

My Motorola 7868 is a dream with the add-on speakerphone, but having a
camera would be a nice addition. I also qualify for NE2. All the
research I've done leads to the 6100 (which would be free for me under
NE2), but, even downloading the manual, I cannot figure out how to
easily activate the speakerphone on-demand.

Either it was omitted, or I am missing it.

Please help.

Thanks.

Scott

On 6 Nov 2004 17:26:28 -0800, scott@ehrlichtronics.com (Scott Ehrlich)
wrote:

>My cell needs include:
>
>- Speakerphone (used when I drive)
> - must be easy to access
>
>- Camera
>
>- AMPS/CDMA
>
>My Motorola 7868 is a dream with the add-on speakerphone, but having a
>camera would be a nice addition. I also qualify for NE2. All the
>research I've done leads to the 6100 (which would be free for me under
>NE2), but, even downloading the manual, I cannot figure out how to
>easily activate the speakerphone on-demand.
>
>Either it was omitted, or I am missing it.
>
>Please help.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Scott

I just replaced my 7868 with the VX6100 and I love the new one. The
speakerphone is activated by flipping the phone open and pressing the
up arrow switch (the topmost of the navigation button). Turning it
off is about the same.

This phone also has "driving mode" which is enabled by holding an
external button for three seconds. When enabled if a call comes in a
female voice states "Call from so and so, connect?" and all you need
say is "connect" then begin your conversation. Works pretty good.

Good luck.

Bob

is the speakerphone as loud at the 4500? If so i might get one. I love the
4500 phone but it drops alot of calls in this area and i see the 6100 has
analog which helps in my area.

brian s.

"Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<-4-dnf8H37MoOxDcRVn-rQ@comcast.com>...
> is the speakerphone as loud at the 4500? If so i might get one. I love the
> 4500 phone but it drops alot of calls in this area and i see the 6100 has
> analog which helps in my area.
>
> brian s.
>
> "Bob_M" <r.mariotti@financialdatacorp.com> wrote in message
> > On 6 Nov 2004 17:26:28 -0800, scott@ehrlichtronics.com (Scott Ehrlich)
> > wrote:
> >
> >>My cell needs include:
> >>
> >>- Speakerphone (used when I drive)
> >> - must be easy to access
> >>
> >>- Camera
> >>
> >>- AMPS/CDMA
> >>
> >>My Motorola 7868 is a dream with the add-on speakerphone, but having a
> >>camera would be a nice addition. I also qualify for NE2. All the
> >>research I've done leads to the 6100 (which would be free for me under
> >>NE2), but, even downloading the manual, I cannot figure out how to
> >>easily activate the speakerphone on-demand.
> >>
> >>Either it was omitted, or I am missing it.
> >>
> >>Please help.
> >>
> >>Thanks.
> >>
> >>Scott
> >
> > I just replaced my 7868 with the VX6100 and I love the new one. The
> > speakerphone is activated by flipping the phone open and pressing the
> > up arrow switch (the topmost of the navigation button). Turning it
> > off is about the same.
> >
> > This phone also has "driving mode" which is enabled by holding an
> > external button for three seconds. When enabled if a call comes in a
> > female voice states "Call from so and so, connect?" and all you need
> > say is "connect" then begin your conversation. Works pretty good.
> >
> > Good luck.
> >
> > Bob

Its as loud as any phone I have seen