scooter9802

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2005
I attempted to integrate my original Win XP Home with XP SP2 dowloaded from microsoft according to Tom's Hardware Guide article "Installing WindowsXP and
Service Pack 2 with 1 CD: Time is money". However, after following every step I get the error that "This Service Pack cannot be integrated into a destination that also has integrated Software Updates....".

What's the deal? I am using the original Win XP Home CD that come with my Dell which I transferred to the hard drive as described in the article. Does my original version have SP1 (or SP1a) integrated?

What do I do? I would like to make an SP2 backup disk that I could have on hand if I have to re-install everything at some later date, without having to install XP SP? then install SP2. Please help.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott

riser

Illustrious
Dell doesn't give you an actual Windows XP Home CD. They have their version in which they slipsteam updates into every so often to keep their factory installed OS up-to-date.
You can't do what you're trying to do with that Dell CD. You'll SoL in that department unless for some reason you wanted to shell out some money to buy the CD again..

or you could ask someone to burn a copy of their WinXP home CD since you already have a license for that computer.. I say that computer because when you buy a Dell that comes with a Windows license, it's actually only good for that PC and is non-transferable to any other PC..

I'd shoot to see if someone would be willing to let you burn a copy of their WinXP Home CD then you can slipstream SP2 on it.

Riser

RichPLS

Champion
Riser has risen to the occasion again.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>