Bells and whistles aside, which is the better phone? 6100 ..

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
November 7, 2004 1:40:41 AM

any opinions/experience would be appreciated. not really concerned about
camera or screen image quality. what i really want is a reliable phone with
the best signal and call/voice quality.

must have(s):
analog capability w/ good coverage in remote areas
speakerphone

got the 6100 last week, but it's dropped a few calls. only have a fews days
left, but i don't want to exchange it for the 9900 unless that is a more
reliable phone (assuming the retail store has any).

and, are they going to fix the volume bug in the LG phone? wassup with that?
i think one of the dropped calls was someone calling, and me saying 'hello?
hello?'.

TIA
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 7:22:57 PM

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 03:08:45 UTC, davidlind@my-deja.com (David L)
wrote:

> The Audiovox 9900 is reported to be a decent perfomer.
> Getting a phone that allows an external antenna connection and using a
> mag mount antenna on the car roof is another option.

Does the Audiovox 9900 have a socket (port/plug, whatever) for an
easily connected external antenna?

My old Audiovox 9155gpx did not, and I had a dickens of a time making
an adapted charging cable that allowed an external antenna attachment
through the flat multi-pin plug on the bottom of the phone. I did it,
but it wasn't easy.

Your statement above almost suggests "Getting a phone (... other than
9900...) that allows an external antenna..."

--
Barbara
!