A7V-133

G

can anyone tell me how to get a HD on the ATA100 bus to work..(show drive letters)
i have:
A7V-133 mobo
athlon 1ghz thunderbird cpu
512megs micron PC-133 mem
present set up:
on reg IDE bus i have
1. maxtor 20 gig (master)
1. maxtor 30 gig (slave)

i added a maxtor ultra ata 100 60 gig to the ATA100 ide bus.. but can't get it to show up.
i have the promise controllers loaded but still can't get a straight answer on how to correctly set this up..HELP!!!!!
PEACE!!!!
jozep57@angelfire.com

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
*thinks*
u added the promise controllers...
you also have to hunt around in the bios for something like
ultra ata [disabled]

see i had the reverse problem of you.
i didnt want my promise controller, yet at bootup it kept trying to detect non-existant drives.
its also in your motherboard manual somewhere under bios.

hope this helps,
Hamster

My Hamster has 512MB of SDRAM @ 150Mhz CAS 2!

G

thanks anyway hamster..i've been through every possible entry..no dice.. love asus mobo's but there support SUCKS!!!!!!! think i may go back to TYAN mobo's.. they r good quality and there support system is GREAT!!!
was reading an article in the community on the apparent finacial relationship between tom's and asus..leaves alot to PONDER!!!
well i'll call ASUS AGAIN and wait for who knows how many days before i get a reply..
PEACE!!!

btvillarin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
I'm not sure if this'll work, because I formatted my HD on the Primary IDE slot. But, I have used the ATA100 slot a couple of times. (Follow along on page 79.)

Set "Load Onboard ATA Bios" to "Auto". For "Other Boot Device", set that to "SCSI/Onboard ATA Boot Device". After you save and reboot, hopefully it'll show up. If it does, stick a Win98 boot disk right away: it needs to have FDISK. If you don't have one, <A HREF="http://content.techweb.com/winmag/columns/explorer/1999/1025.htm" target="_new">click here</A> for an article on how to create one that'll suit almost all of your needs.

FDISK that hard drive to the way you want it. Let me know how that goes...