Need "AMD " Tech Help!

Ron_Jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey people. I just ordered a MSI K7 Master (AMD 761) & 1200 Athlon 266. This is my very first experience with a non Intel based computer.
I was scanning old posts & noticed a lot of people needed multiple driver/bios updates to get their systems running properly (e.g, VIA 4-in-1 drivers, ata 100 drivers, etc etc). The pc's I've had (or built) have only used Intels BX or 815 chipsets, so they basically run like they're supposed to when you power them up for the 1st time.
I figured that since this is a fairly new board design, I could hope to avoid all the problems (patches/upgrades) of the past.
Am I correct in making this assumption, or will I need to go down the road most travelled. I would appreciate hearing from anyone with experience in dealing with this board or chipset.

Cheers,

Ron_Jeremy

If you loan a friend $20 & never see them again, it was worth it.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Put it together. If it powers up, load windows, then the motherboard drivers (4-in-1 and whatever else), then load your video card drivers, then load the drivers for the rest of your components. Keep your fingers crossed at all times.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

dhlucke

Polypheme
You're freaking out over nothing. When the computer is built, just download the newest drivers. Nothing new there. The only difference is that windows has more intel drivers built in. So you have to take the extra step to download them. Really not a big deal...

Go to socketa.com since last I checked they had links for all the newest drivers

<font color=red>We are going to have peace even if we have to fight for it. - Eisenhower</font color=red>