G

I just got done reading the review on SiS 735 Chipset for AMD Athlon/Duron. According to the review the new chipset is now the best solution for AMD-DDR. They set up benchmarks for a reference board with the SiS chipset up against three ASUS boards with ALi Magik 1(A7A266), AMD 760(A7M266), and the VIA KT133A(A7V133) chipsets. If this new chipset is supposed to be the best, then why wasn't it tested up against MSI's K7 Master S(6341) motherboard with the AMD760 chipset, that also supports DDR-SDRAM!! MSI's motherboard with the AMD761/VIA VT82c686B north bridge and south bridge kill all the other competition in Tom's Harware Guide reviews and other sites reviews as well. Why wasn't tested against SiS new chipset!!!

If Tom & his crew check out these messages I sure hope they put the two boards/chipsets to the test. Anyone else have my same opinion?

OneLove

G

Even if the SiS 735 reference board had been overmatched by the K7 Master S, it would still seem to be a promising chipset. Once it starts shipping on some motherboards and the next benchmarks and reviews come, I figure somebody will measure it against the K7 Master S. We'll see how it does then.

Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.