BATTLEFIELD 3 Requirements!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutal93

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Hello community!
I have recently read NEW unofficial minimum PC specs and recomended PC spec for Battlefield 3. They are as followed:

Minimum:
Diskspace: 15GB for diskversion, 10GB for digital version.
CPU: Core 2 Duo @ 2,0 Ghz
RAM: 2GB
Graphics Card: DX11 Nvidia or AMD card with 256MB

Recomended:
Diskspace: 15GB for diskversion, 10GB for digital version.
CPU: Quad Core Intel or AMD CPU.
RAM: 4GB
Graphics Card: DX11 Nvidia or AMD card with 512MB

My question is, will my rig be able to handle the game? Im not too sharp yet on PC power or how things work. Please respond!

This is my rig:
Harddrive: 2 TB harddrive @ 7200 rpm
CPU: Intel Quad-core 2600k @ 3.4Ghz (not overclocked)
RAM: 6GB (I know that its wrong for my motherboard, since its a dual not trippel RAM thingy)
Graphics Card: Powercolor Radeon HD 6970 2GB @ 5,00Ghz
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth P67

Thanks in advance, Brutal93! :)

Solution
Are you serious you have top end CPU and graphics card if you can't play it noone can. I think 5GHz is unlikely for a Radeon 6970 or and graphics card.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
The GDDR on a 6970 comes stock at 5.5gbps, maybe thats what he's talking about? Either way this doesn't seem like a legitimate question. The game isn't out yet no one has any more info than the specs you posted and you've already bought the most expensive proccesor and 2nd most expensive video card setup available. No one's dumb enough to spend that much on a rig not knowing if it can even play a game.

Brutal93

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011

The reason why I asked is because I asked this on an other forum. They where just being dicks and said that I got a tetris-pc. I was kinda worried that I made a stupid choice buying the rig. I'm a washed up Xbox gamer and needed somthing new. I was really carefull picking out the parts (except the RAM, I was not aware of Dual channel and Tripple channel RAM) I wanted the best. I may sound like a complete noob too you, but I bought this system in March, so I'm kinda new. I know its a stupid question, but as I said I was kinda worried because of the other forum.

Anyways thanks for the reply!

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
hey dude im also new to pc gaming. an alot of these pc fanboys can be dicks but ignore them theres plenty of adult people that wont give you any crap. i have just about the same rig as you, but have 2500k and asrock p67 ex.4 mobo. im sure we will have no problem playing on very high settings, but if you wana max out everything and get 60fps i doubt thats likely. just expect to scale back AA and shadows a bit for great framerate or run xfire

Brutal93

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011

Run xFire? Is there something in that program? I thought it was just chat program? :p Thanks for the advice. If this is anything I run Crysis 1 at 50-70 fps constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS