Abit KG-7 Mobo

G

Pricewatch is listing the Abit KG-7 mobo for just under $200, due out about 6/26. Has anyone seen a review of it? If so, please show a link or address. Thanks!

The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your arm.

Raskall

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2001
Ive been looking all over the place for that same thing. No luck so far. I'm really interested in that board though.
Jason

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
I dont know of a review but I wonder if it has a revised 761 chipset. I see that it has all 4 DDR slots, just like the first K7 Master, wonder if they all work.

Crap, all the good ones are already taken.

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
I dont know of a review but I wonder if it has a revised 761 chipset. I see that it has all 4 DDR slots, just like the first K7 Master, wonder if they all work. I am refering to the picture on motherboards.com

G

In my travels, I came across a website selling this mobo with an ETA of 6/26. They said that all four memory banks can be used, but if you use more than two, you must use registered memory.

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
Oh yeah thats right. I forgot about the registered deal. Either way the K7 Master had problems even with the registered sticks, so maybe abit worked the bugs out. BTW has abit release a amd 761 board yet, or is this the first one? I don't follow abit much.

G

I believe this will be their first AMD Chipset mobo. Still have not seen a review of this asywhere. Has anyone yet?