Samsung SCH-a650 Battery Life?

I am thinking of getting a Samsung SCH-a650 from Verizon. How is the
battery life? Thanks...

It has been OK for me. I get a couple straight hours of talk at least.
Standby is good for a couple days. I have not let it run down more than
this. This battery not as good as my old StarTac, but the Samsung is color,
so I'm guessing that is the difference. I was a little worried at first, but
for my typical use, I have plenty of battery left when I need it. I use it
quite a bit during the day and can make a whole bunch of calls.
"Harvey" <hcohenREMOVE@frontiernetTHIS.net> wrote in message
>I am thinking of getting a Samsung SCH-a650 from Verizon. How is the
> battery life? Thanks...

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I have had this phone for about 4 or 5 month and it is my first color
phone.Therefore i was very worried about battery life and i must say
it is better then i thought.It is a little Deceiving in that it gets
to the last bar on the display quickly but i have had it stay at the
last bar for 2 days with using it a good amount of time but overall i
am very happy with the phone. The only complaint is that i bought i
data cable for so i don't have to pay for ring tones and i can't get
it to work.

chris wrote:
> I have had this phone for about 4 or 5 month and it is my first color
> phone.Therefore i was very worried about battery life and i must say
> it is better then i thought.It is a little Deceiving in that it gets
> to the last bar on the display quickly

Mine too (mine's the SPH-A660, the Sprint PCS cousin of the 650), but it
sometimes will go back up to two bars. You generally still have a decent amount
of battery left when you initially hit one bar.

"chris" <yzfr699@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have had this phone for about 4 or 5 month and it is my first color
> phone.Therefore i was very worried about battery life and i must say
> it is better then i thought.It is a little Deceiving in that it gets
> to the last bar on the display quickly but i have had it stay at the
> last bar for 2 days with using it a good amount of time but overall i
> am very happy with the phone. The only complaint is that i bought i
> data cable for so i don't have to pay for ring tones and i can't get
> it to work.

If you want the data cable to work set your com port to 3 or 4.