G

do i have to set the bus speed on my new mobo/cpu. i just bought an iwillka266 and an athlon 1.oghz. any help is appreciated. thanks

G

Yes, you do have to set the FSB with the jumpers.

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>

mpjesse

Splendid
You set the bus speed thru the BIOS- there are NO jumpers for the bus speed. I have this board. There are however jumpers for the multiplier.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

G

thanks for the responses. here is where i am now: in the manual for the ka266, it shows 2 options for the cpu fsb speed setting. if you leave the jumper off(open) it says cpu 133/133mhz. if you leave the jumper on it says cpu 100/100mhz. i guess that whenever i see things like "ka266" this means 133 bus spee. is that right? why is the mobo called a 266, i think it can only run up to 133. im using 256mb of ddram, 1ghz athlon, iwill ka266. thanks for any additional input, i need the help and this on line community has helped me learn a ton!

mpjesse

Splendid
The 266 is expressed in terms of DDR. The FSB bus of all athlon systems use a technology called DDR. It's doubles the bandwidth of the bus. It's really running at 133mhz, but has the bandwidth of a 266mhz FSB. Get it?

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

G

oops my bad!!

I misread the K<b>A</b>266...I have the K<b>K</b>266, and I had to set the jumpers to 133.

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>