Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Ello Tomies!! How are we all today?

I believe i have a decent system which lets me play all of today games at top setting bar the odd few, bud i still, quite often play loads of pre 2005, even pre 2000 games still either on steam or bargains i find in the shops or on Ebay, here is a list of the ones i still play today.

Half life 1 & 2 plus episodes (Steam)
Day of Defeat classic and Source (Steam)
Homeworld 1 & 2 (Discs)
Shadowman (Discs)
Star Trek Bridge Commander (Discs)
Settlers 2 (Discs)
Doom 1, 2 & 3 (Steam)
Quake 1 & 2 (Steam)
All the GTA games bar 1 & 2 (Steam)
Duke Nukem 3D (Discs)
C&C games (Discs)
Monkey Island 1 & 2 (Steam)

and im sure many more!!

Just wonder do many of yourselfs still slip back into the chair and play these or other classics that you enjoyed?

Nowadays not many of my friends, work mate or even just kids in general really like going back to an oldie, they're more interested in Gfx over gameplay (If it doesnt look good its not a good game vide)

Still let me know what games you guys still play? May not of tried it!!

Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
I use quite a few emulators myself, both on my PC and my mobile. Was playing Getaway on the PS2 emulator the other day, other than a few graphical glitches it plays fine

Of my special stash of favs of the past.

Command and Conquer
Red Alert
Tiberium Sun
Shogun
Janes WW2 fighters
Morrowind
Duke Nukem 3D
Doom 1,2 ultimate
Call of Duty + Allied offensive
Medal of Honour Allied Assult
Wolfenstein
Need 4 Speed 1 and 2
Carmageddon 1 and 2
Alone in the Dark
Kings Quest

Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Ah, the old Call of Duty games, now those i need to retry again. Was never a Carmageddon fan but i did know a few mates back in the day that loved them.

Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Diablo, Revenant, Heroes of Might and Magic were games i could never get into and Diablo i really did try. Quake games were amazing at the time, played the hell outa the first one, Soldier of fortune i played on the Dreamcast i think.

You could shoot limbs off i believe?

I have most of the old Star wars games on steam which i need to play at some point. And never got into Tom Clancy games, thought i did buy Hawx which i regret!

Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
psx emulator so I can play carnage heart and final fantasy tactics. O and Orge tactics.

Does sim city 4 count as old?

Sim City 4 was released in 2003 so i believe so, only played the Snes Sim city, was more of a settlers fan.

SOF was epic, you could throw knives into a guy and he would hold the limbs and beg for his life, the dismemberment and disembowlment was absolutely flawless even by contempory comparisons.

Quake was my favourite LAN game at the time, played a lot of co-ops, again a really impressive game title with expansions.

Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Will have to have a look out for SoF then on PC or Dreamcast then, need something to take me away from Just Cause 2 and Battlefield 3 aint here till Oct :(

TRENDING THREADS