Solved

How will my hardware handle gaming.

This is what I have so far.:

PSU Thermaltake 500w topped out/ Motherboard ASUS M4A79XTD EVO 790X AM3 RT/ 6GB Triple Channel 1333Mhz DDR3/ AMD Athlon II X2 255 3.1GHz AM3 CPU Dual-Core Processor/ 2x 250 GB SATA HD's/ and possibly a 560ti or Radeon 6950/ none important stuff I thinking about buying a open PC case.

My question is how will I fare against todays big games.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hardware handle gaming
  1. Best answer
    your gonna struggle with games like bfbc2 and other games that like a quad core.
    your gfx will overpower your cpu with a lot of older games...
    as your system stands its top heavy with the gfx.
    so swap out the dual core for a quad or lower the gfx...
    my prefrence would be to change the cpu.
  2. have you purchased this stuff already? I dont think your memory is compatible to your motherboard. as HEXiT said you will benefit from a better cpu, pairing a $50 cpu with a $250 gpu doesnt make sense. I would get a phenom ii x4 at the least.
  3. Agreed with the others. Get a better CPU. Change it to a Phenom II X 4 945/955/965 BE, i.e if you have the budget for those. You'd also need a better PSU to power in either of those cards, you'll need some 700 W or 750 W PSU just to be safe.
  4. +4 for better CPU.

560Ti will do well enough at lower resolutions - you should be able to get everything maxxed out and running fairly well. 6950 is around the same performance as a 560Ti (bit less in some benchmarks), though some 6950s can be flashed to become 6970s, so that's also something to consider.

-Nih
  5. Best answer selected by Earv19.
  6. Thanks for the info, I've already bought or have everything but the GPU. As far as the CPU I'll probably ending up replacing it seeing how it's a little light. But for now it's just a place holder.
  7. You also should get a better PSU if you're thinking of getting a better card.
  8. ok, just to stress my earlier point, you have triple channel memory and I dont think it would work in a dual channel board.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games