Sign in with
Your question

Getting some really bad stuttering problems in some games

Last response: in Video Games
July 17, 2011 11:56:57 AM

Ok, I've recently noticed that in some games, I'll start getting extremely bad stuttering in some games. I have no idea what could be causing this. A couple of months ago, I was able to play these games on extremely high settings without getting a bit of a problem, but now, with the same settings, I'll go ok for a bit, but every few seconds I'll get like 1 frame every two seconds.

Games like Kingdom Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, Battlefield Play4Free have no problems, but games like Wurm Online and World War II Online will have the problem. The problem just makes the games unplayable.

Anyone have an idea as to what could be going on? Any ideas on how to find out if not? Please?
July 17, 2011 4:33:33 PM

In this order:

• Make sure your drivers are all up to date, and that the games are patched.

• Run virus, malware and spyware scans. Your slowing could be due to one of these issues.

• Defragment your drives. Your drives could be heavily fragmented.

• Check what's going on in task manager. Some process that you're unaware of could be sapping your performance.

If the problem still persists after these steps, download HW Monitor and tell us what temperatures your PC runs at whilst gaming. Excessive heat can damage components and cause them to drastically lose performance, sometimes permanently, especially if you've overclocked without the proper cooling solutions.

-Nih
    m
    l
    !