Sign in with
Your question

Need some new games

Last response: in Video Games
July 18, 2011 1:50:59 AM

I need some new games to play and it doesnt matter how old or price, just want some quality game

More about : games

July 18, 2011 4:36:09 AM

Single Player:
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
TES Oblivion
TES Morrowind
Portal 1&2
Mass Effect 1&2
Half Life 2
Half Life
Freelancer
Fallout 2
Amnesia
Penumbra
Company Of Heroes
Rome Total War
Far Cry
Bioshock 1&2 (First is Better)
The Witcher 1&2
Diablo 2
Warcraft III
System Shock 2
Deus Ex (First One)
Civilization (If your into that)
Baldur's Gate 2
Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament 3
Age Of Empires 2
Arma II
Dawn Of War II
Terraria

Muiltplayer:
All Battlefield Games
I Guess Call Of Duty (.... Hate those games)
Starcraft 2 (Takes alot of Skill)
Company Of Heroes
Diablo 2
Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament 3 (haven't played online with this one though)
Quake 3 (AKA Quake Live F2P)
Team Fortress 2 (F2P)
Arma II
Counter Strike Source or 1.6
Day Of Defeat Source
World Of Warcraft (If you like MMO's)
Half Life 2 Synergy (Coop Mod)
Halo CE
Dawn Of War II
Killing Floor (Online Coop Game)
Left 4 Dead 1&2
Terraria

Those Are All Games I Have Played And Enjoyed In the Past That I Remember. Sorry If you have most of these games just the ones off the top of my head.

-Mithness
m
l
July 18, 2011 11:47:10 AM

Great list Mithness. For the sake of categorization and completeness, I am going to post my list, which will probably have quite a few of Mithness' games, as they are great games....

Single Player:

Strategy:

Real-time Strategy:

• Age of Empires II or III (III has 3-D graphics supported with a physics engine)
  • Rome: Total War
  • Medieval II: Total War
  • Napoleon or Empire Total War (these are different games but focuses on similar/overlapping time periods- system requirements are quite high compared to previous titles)
  • Command and Conquer 3 (and the expansion Kane's Wrath)- fantasy futuristic setting
  • Company of Heroes (and the expansions are great too)
  • Warcraft III
  • Stormrise
  • Sins of a Solar Empire - this is actually a 4x game, where you control and empire and "explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate" hence 4x :) 
  • Space Empires IV and V (4X as well)
  • ORB
  • The Tomorrow War (4X as well)

Turn-Based Strategy:

• Civilization IV (I haven't tried the newest franchise in this series, Civilization V, yet)
  • Heroes of Might and Magic V (the older series can also be found but lack slightly in graphics as they are older)

Tactics:

Real-time tactics:

• World in Conflict
  • Full Spectrum Warrior Ten Hammers (see the list below for the prequel to this game in the free games list)
  • Dawn of War II
  • Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943
  • Armada 2526 (I haven't played this, but heard it is good)
  • Battlestations: Midway and the sequel Battlestations: Pacific
  • East India Company (Colonial-Imperial Era economy and battle tactics game)
  • Ironclads (Imperial-Modern Era ship battle simulation tactics game)
  • Men of War

Role-Playing Games:

• King Arthur- the role-playing war game (this is actually a combination of RTS, RTT and RPG)
  • Gothic 3 (the whole Gothic series is great imo)
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Neverwinter Nights 2 (The prequel is also great and both have excellent story-lines)
  • Fall-out series, i.e. I, II and III (the most recent one I played is Fallout 3 and it is a combination of RPG and first person shooter. There is also Fallout New Vegas, but I haven't played it)

• Space Simulation

• X series (the most recents being X3: reunion and X3: Terran Conflict)
  • Freespace and Freespace 2
  • Homeworld, the expansion (Cataclysm) and the sequel (Homeworld 2)
  • Freelancer (haven't played this unfortunately, but I will if I find the game)
  • Star Trek: Bridge Commander (again haven't been able to find this game yet, but heard it is great and would love to try it)

• First Person Shooter games:

• Battlefield Series
  • Alien Vs Predator
  • Call of Duty Series
  • Medal of Honor Series (almost exclusively on the WWII era, except for the last title)
  • Red Faction Series (superb fantasy FPS- you play as a miner on Mars rebelling on the oppresive guards and find there is something much deeper going on in the first installment of the game and it goes on from there!)
  • FEAR series (another superb fantasy FPS- you are on Earth in this one but there is something with supernatural forces)
  • Left 4 Dead series (survival and horror FPS- seriously, how long can YOU last with hoards of zombies all around you?)
  • Dead Space 1 & 2 (same genre as above but in space and versus aliens not zombies)
  • Metro 2033 (this is also be classified as an RPG/FPS- post apocalyptic survival game like Fallout 3)
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 series (Tactical FPS)
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (fantasy tactical FPS)

Multiplayer games:

First Person Shooter:
    Most Single-player FPS's have multi-player capabilities so I will not re-mention them. Games that can be mentioned here are:
  • Counter-Strike

I will mention MMO titles and Free to Play titles

Massively Multiplayer Online and Free2Play titles:

• Lord of the Rings Online (fantasy MMORPG & free2play)
  • Dungeons and Dragons Online (fantasy MMORPG & free2play)
  • Battlefield Heroes (cartoonish 3rd person shooter MMO & free2play)
  • Battlefield Free2Play (more of the fps but online and MMO & free2play)
  • Pirates of the Burning Sea (a unique MMORPG that features ship combat & free2play)
  • World of Warcraft (fantasy MMORPG, pay to play)**
  • Runes of Magic (World of Warcraft clone-like game that is free2play)
  • Requiem: Momento Mori (horror MMORPG free2play)
  • Alliance of Valiant Arms (free2play MMOFPS)
  • Team Fortress 2 (free2play MMOFPS)

Free (ad-supported) games with single-player and/or multiplayer capabilities:

I would also like to mention that there are also free games (some are ad supported but most of their ad servers are no longer online) that are available from reputable publishers that have gone free. These are legitimate as far as I know, many of them being supported by the US army. All of them are not available in all regions however. Most notable ones are:

Far Cry:
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_20867.shtml

Prince of Persia the Sands of Time:
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_20868.shtml

Ghost Recon
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_20866.shtml

Rayman Raving Rabids
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_20869.shtml

Full Spectrum Warrior
    http://files.filefront.com/Full+Spectrum+Warrior/;11928826;/fileinfo.html

Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War
    http://files.filefront.com/RF+Civilizations+at+War+Sponsored+by+US+Air+Force/;11992115;/fileinfo.html

Area-51 (Alien shoot em up, not bad | Install the patch, major gfx glitches)
    http://files.filefront.com/Area+51+Sponsored+by+the+US+Air+Force/;11928815;/fileinfo.html

PSI-OPS (3rd person action)
    http://files.filefront.com/Psi+Ops+The+Mindgate+Conspiracy+Full+Client/;10665315;/fileinfo.html

The Suffering: Ties That Bind (3rd person action)
    http://files.filefront.com/The+Suffering+Sponsored+by+the+US+Air+Force/;11846564;/fileinfo.html

m
    l
    Related resources
    July 18, 2011 11:58:50 AM

Heh, two great lists.

Check out Shogun 2: Total War as well. It can get repetitive after a while, but it has a strong atmosphere and solid mechanics.

Unreal Tournament Game of the Year Edition as well :) 

Left for Dead 2 (online zombie shoot 'em up - great fun, buy and play - no sub)

Rift (Fantasy MMO, much like World of Warcraft but with a different "flavour" and better visuals - Subscription based - pay monthly)

+1 for Oblivion, that game is seriously sick (hundreds of hours of gameplay), and potentially limitless mods that will add maybe thousands of extra hours. Do whatever you want in a fantasy world. Adult, sometimes dark, massive, and with potentially limitless possibilities - this game pretty much set the precedent on modern fantasy RPGs.

Mass Effect series - one of my all time favourite series - literally stunning atmosphere and gameplay, incredibly atmospheric with brilliant script. One of those games that has an impact wherever it goes, even if the gameplay is nothing particularly new or original, it's the story that these games are all about. Honestly, this is one that everyone should try. Did the same for Sci-Fi RPG as Oblivion did for Fantasy RPG. You need to play both Mass Effect and Mass effect 2 though to fully enjoy and understand the deep and complex stories.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - the same as the above, but a bit older (and a bit better imho) :)  Very rich storylines, excellent semi-freeform gameplay, brilliant game (9/10), another one everyone should try, despite some ageing issues here and there. Don't be scared away by the Star Wars setting, this game can be seriously dark, and is much more fleshed out and meaningful than the films.

Command and Conquer series - old, but generally enjoyable. Never brilliant, but the older ones are better (Red Alert 1...Tiberium Sun Firestorm...Generals: Zero Hour). All good fun, and cheap now. Just stick away from the newer releases in the series - the series has lost its soul.

Just a few, as the above posters already did an excellent job.

Have fun! :) 

-Nih
    m
    l
    July 18, 2011 3:40:25 PM

Truber190 said:
    I need some new games to play and it doesnt matter how old or price, just want some quality game

Well, there are lots...
    What sort of GPU do you have ? Full PC specs if you may. Just want to make sure that's all.
    Well as everyone listed, that's all the games I've got ! They robbed me off !

Crysis series
    BFBC2
    COD series
    ArmA series
    Medal of Honor ( not that great, in fact, bad storyline )
    Assassins Creed series ( first one's kind of boring, but the rest two are great )
    Shogun 2
    Mass Effect
    FEAR 1,2 and 3
    Oblivion
    L4D 1 and 2
    Sam and Max The devil's playhouse ( that's if you're interested in Point and Click adventure, comedy, puzzler games )
    m
    l
    July 18, 2011 5:54:50 PM

Oh My God I Can't Believe I Forgot Metro 2033, That game is amazing, Personally and I also forgot another game.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Or Call Of Pripyat (Do not get clear sky unless your a hardcore fan of the series. its the worst one with the most bugs)
    m
    l
    July 18, 2011 8:07:10 PM

Quote:
    If you got the time and love mmo space try EVE Online.

Hasn't EVE: Online seen better times? Something to do with Pay to Win elements coming into the game, and mass in-game protests?

Be careful not to walk into a hornet's nest with that one, unless I've been totally misinformed.

-Nih
    m
    l
    July 18, 2011 11:45:57 PM

Then again I think several MMOs are having a tougher time of it at the moment. Age of Conan going F2P will have upset a lot of the playerbase and caused some divide for sure, WoW is hardly sailing smoothly at the moment, and EVE: Online has definitely got some division going on from what I read on the various PC news sites (leaked memo's are never great.)

I'm by no means saying stay away (they're all still great in their own ways) but don't expect these games to be at the peak of their glory right now.

-Nih
    m
    l
    July 19, 2011 11:28:44 PM

is The Ball or Dwarfs!? any good since they are on sale on steam
    m
    l
    July 20, 2011 6:58:06 AM

You can also try the Silent Hill series, resident evil series,battlefield series, Kane & Lynch 2, Splinter cell conviction, Ghost Recon Series, TC Rainbow Six series, Mirror's Edge, Borderland, Fear Series, Fallout Series, Assassin's Creed Series etc.
    m
    l
    July 20, 2011 8:48:51 AM

Adventure/Action/Horror

Resident Evil 1, 3, 4 and 5 (I can't find 2 on PC anywhere)
    Mass Effect 1 and 2 (wait on 3 ETA)
    Dead Space 1 and 2

RPG/Adventure

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR) 1 and 2
    Neverwinter Nights 2
    Diablo 1 and 2 (wait on 3 ETA)
    Dragon Age Origins
    Aeon
    TES3 : Morrowind
    TES4 : Oblivion
    TES5 : Skyrim (Wait on ETA)

Strategy/Real Time/ Turn based

Total War : Shogun 1 and 2, Rome (Gold edition comes with expansion), Empire+Napoleon (Gold comes with all expansions)
    RUSE
    Civilisation V
    Star Craft 2
    WarCraft : set comes with 1-3 and all expansions
    Command and Conquer Decade : C&C + Red Alert + Generals + Renegade with all the titles expansions.

FPS/RPG

LFD2 - mindless zombie mutilation.
    Borderlands
    Fall Out 3
    Fall Out New Vegas
    Stalker + Clearsky + Call of the Pripyat.

Racing

F1 2010 though wait for 2011 to be released.
    NFS Shift 1 and 2.
    Dirt 1 and 2.

m
    l
    July 20, 2011 11:00:51 AM

Oh, How could I have forgotten about Dirt 1, 2 and 3. Also F1 2010 is a great game. Only thing is, its full of glitches unless you install the patch. And that too, the game's not that optimized. Weird from developers like Codemasters.
    m
    l
    July 20, 2011 1:34:10 PM

Gman450 said:
    Oh, How could I have forgotten about Dirt 1, 2 and 3. Also F1 2010 is a great game. Only thing is, its full of glitches unless you install the patch. And that too, the game's not that optimized. Weird from developers like Codemasters.

Yip, the vanilla game is just wank really, I use mods from RaceDept most notably the 2011 overhaul, Pirelli Tyres, AiToolkit mod along with the official patch,....sadly it has short comings but the 2011 game is due in a month so touch wood for staunch F1 fans like myself, it lives up to the title.
    m
    l
    July 20, 2011 4:27:23 PM

Soldiers: Heroes Of World War 2 Really Difficult RTS Game, where you can take direct control of one soldier at a time. great destruction and its just awesome!
    m
    l
    July 20, 2011 4:29:17 PM

^ :o  I used to play that, but I never took control of anyone?! :lol: 

Oh my god! /rushes to re-install.

-Nih
    m
    l
    July 20, 2011 4:38:00 PM

Hahaha, the funny thing is the First Mission (IMO) is really difficult I Lost my tank within 2-3 Mins (Along with that car) and I had 2 guys for the rest of the mission and it took 2 hours of planing and saving and doing to actually beat it with 2 guys haha.

Great game (Some problems with Installation with Vista) but Very Good Game. And I Actually recommend it alot, if your looking for a very strategic RTS game.

m
    l
    !