Game unplayable after installing Patch 1.2?

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Hi guys!
I got the morrowind english europe version. Some time ago as the game was
new i played it alot but then i deleted it once. Now i wanna play it
again! And coz i remember some bugs in version 1.0 I wanna install the
patch 1.2! So I downloaded the file (the 8mb one) and installed it.
But when i start morrowind exactly before the menu pops up (Initializing
Datafile) i drop back to windows desktop...
When i dont install the patch the game works.
Anyone has any idea about that Problem?

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

first the obvious, make sure it's the Morrowind patch and not the
Tribunal or Bloodmoon. then, make sure it's the patch for the European
version and not the US version. also, if you have GotY or either
expansion, you have the patch already from them

other things to try; scandisk, defrag, close any background programs
that use resources, and if all else fails, contact Bethesda's tech
support or try the support forum at elderscrolls.com

Clouds wrote:
> Hi guys!
> I got the morrowind english europe version. Some time ago as the game was
> new i played it alot but then i deleted it once. Now i wanna play it
> again! And coz i remember some bugs in version 1.0 I wanna install the
> patch 1.2! So I downloaded the file (the 8mb one) and installed it.
> But when i start morrowind exactly before the menu pops up (Initializing
> Datafile) i drop back to windows desktop...
> When i dont install the patch the game works.
> Anyone has any idea about that Problem?

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

I use GOTY and upgradeded, no problem. Only have Pent 600, 512 Megs ram and
9700 AIW Pro 128