Does SimCity 2000 work on Wnidows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer009

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
I own a copy of Sim City 2000 and was wondering if it worked on a PC that has Windows XP.
My current PC has Windows 7 and the game does not work with it. But I am planning to switch back to Windows XP if the game does work with it. And if it doesn't, which Windows does it work on?
Thanks.

Solution
Whilst trolling some other forums I'm pretty sure I read that Sim City 2000 can be played in DOSBOX. You may lose some functionality but it'd play. Try that :)

-Nih

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Whilst trolling some other forums I'm pretty sure I read that Sim City 2000 can be played in DOSBOX. You may lose some functionality but it'd play. Try that :)

-Nih

Solution

chrismnsr

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011

I Don't think you have to switch to Windows XP you have to set the compatibility to run as windows xp or selected os.
Step 1) Right click the Sim city icon( where you normally start the game on desktop or wherever you have it)
Step 2)You will find serveral tabs click the Compatibility one.
Step 3)You will find the Compatibility Modes, Click check the box and you will find a drop menu and select the version of OS you want it to run like.
Step 4)Hit apply then OK and you're done.

Hope this Works and helps best of luck ;)

You want to switch back to XP just because SimCity doesn't work? Please don't go that route. What happens when you get bored with SimCity? You're stuck with an OS that is 10 years old and 5 years out of date.

Depending on your version of 7, you could try Windows XP mode:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

If your version of 7 doesn't support it, you can try a virtual PC application. There are plenty of options besides going back to XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.